Page 261 of 501 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 5006

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 261

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I got to see an ostrich poop once. It was at the Gatorland Zoo in Florida - very kitschy place. A whole group of people were oohing and aahing at this large ostrich, when it let loose. Imagine your average bird crap times 500. LOL. A collective, "Ewww!" could be heard and everyone moved on. That in and of itself was worth the price of admission.

And my friends say that I don't share enough. heh
    Classic, seeing that would've made me chuckle! Hey doc there's an option, ostrich's instead of chooks, plenty of compost by the sounds of it, and think of the omelettes....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Went for a run today. I used a PodRunner mix, and about half way through the podcast the audio of this movie clip comes through... kinda hard not to step a little faster when you hear this kinda stuff.... Interestingly enough, about the time this comes on, is usually the time when I start feeling a little tired....

Had some cashew beef after my run. Added some bone broth from the fridge (which was more like jelly than broth). heated in the microwave, and presto, soup! pretty tasty stuff!
    I take it the increase in tempo was efficacious then?

That beef sounds alright!

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Classic, seeing that would've made me chuckle! Hey doc there's an option, ostrich's instead of chooks, plenty of compost by the sounds of it, and think of the omelettes....

I take it the increase in tempo was efficacious then?

That beef sounds alright!
    Thats a big negatory on the ostrich there DD, though the omletes would be dinner plate sized from 1 egg!

I was trying to run at a steady pace, so I actually had to slow myself down, so yeah it was efficaciously effective

The beef recipe is really simple.. ground beef browned, added onion and green and red bell pepper, 1/2 cup cruched/diced toasted cashews, 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds, spiced with cinnamon, ginger and coconut aminos. Added the bef broth to make a pretty tasty soup.... Gottsta credit the "It Starts With Food" book for the recipe.

Thats a big negatory on the ostrich there DD, though the omletes would be dinner plate sized from 1 egg!

I was trying to run at a steady pace, so I actually had to slow myself down, so yeah it was efficaciously effective

The beef recipe is really simple.. ground beef browned, added onion and green and red bell pepper, 1/2 cup cruched/diced toasted cashews, 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds, spiced with cinnamon, ginger and coconut aminos. Added the bef broth to make a pretty tasty soup.... Gottsta credit the "It Starts With Food" book for the recipe.
    Is that a Smokey and the Bandit quote there? That's a shame, you'ld get a tidy bit of breast of one a they an' all....

It's like a subconcious thing, used to work with a friend who worked to tempo, the faster the song on the radio, the faster he worked....

Gonna give that beef a try or at least a derivative, might even get that book, could do with another cook book!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    It's like a subconcious thing, used to work with a friend who worked to tempo, the faster the song on the radio, the faster he worked....
    And this is why I'm not allowed to listen to the soundtrack of Run Lola Run while I'm driving...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    And this is why I'm not allowed to listen to the soundtrack of Run Lola Run while I'm driving...
    Lol, hope yer not into power/speed metal....
    Last edited by Dhansakdave; 09-10-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Is that a Smokey and the Bandit quote there? That's a shame, you'ld get a tidy bit of breast of one a they an' all....

Gonna give that beef a try or at least a derivative, might even get that book, could do with another cook book!
    Sort of Smoky and the Bandit. Oh, can you imagine the drumsticks offa one them beasties!
    The book is the Whole30 program, and it has some recipes in the back etc.

Jus finished my lard rendering.... poured off about a pint and a 1/2 of liquid that is the color of honey. Clear as a bell..... and all the left over bit, the cracklins... holy crak Primal CANDY!!!! They are still a bit warm and chewy like toffee, or caramel. I put a dash o salt on em and will let them cool.....

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    One comment about dogs and livestock- get only dogs that won't eat your chickens! I have 2 Alaskan malamutes and a husky/wolf that do a good job of protecting the yard, but also eat any bird that gets out. They will go after goats too. They have eaten many chickens and young turkeys. They are famous for burying the evidence and then eating it rotten and crapping all over the house. One time during a dinner party, one of them came trotting into the house with a 2 week old turkey leg to share with our guests. I shrieked and lunged at the offending dog only to have him run under the table with all guests seated and eating. I laugh now, but I'm sure others were not as amused!

My dogs are 6-8 yrs old and I too hope that they live long and healthy lives. I dread the day we need to make "the choice" for them!

As for turkeys and chickens together, I've never had trouble with the young turks using the same cages and vacant chicken pens until I move them to the other side of the yard to the large turkey pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    One comment about dogs and livestock- get only dogs that won't eat your chickens! I have 2 Alaskan malamutes and a husky/wolf that do a good job of protecting the yard, but also eat any bird that gets out. They will go after goats too. They have eaten many chickens and young turkeys. They are famous for burying the evidence and then eating it rotten and crapping all over the house. One time during a dinner party, one of them came trotting into the house with a 2 week old turkey leg to share with our guests. I shrieked and lunged at the offending dog only to have him run under the table with all guests seated and eating. I laugh now, but I'm sure others were not as amused!

My dogs are 6-8 yrs old and I too hope that they live long and healthy lives. I dread the day we need to make "the choice" for them!

As for turkeys and chickens together, I've never had trouble with the young turks using the same cages and vacant chicken pens until I move them to the other side of the yard to the large turkey pen.
    yeah, I get it that they will eat chicken... it tastes as good to them as it does to us.. I have my hens in a 1/2 acre plot with a 4 ft woven wire fence around it, which in the middle of a 5 acre field that has a high tension electric fence around it. It's kept the coyotes out so far, so I am hopefull that the new dogs learn fast!

Gotta love friendly sharing pets, don't ya?

Sort of Smoky and the Bandit. Oh, can you imagine the drumsticks offa one them beasties!
    The book is the Whole30 program, and it has some recipes in the back etc.
    One of my favourite films and oh yeah, you'd get some mileage out of one of they drummers, for sure....

Just had a look at that book, might get myself a copy!