Page 256 of 531 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 5308

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 256

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I knew you'd be able to get sex into the conversation somehow. Well done!
    lol..... and I wasn't even TRYING to! I guess I'm as bad as Joanie! Thanks for that laugh!
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 09-04-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Didn't accomplish much on the farm yesterday. Did deliver some eggs, and I think I may have a new customer.... the resturant I was selling to hasn't ordered anythin in about a month, and didn't respond back to last weeks call to see if the needed eggs, soo I am looking elsewhere to send egg volume. Thos dang hens don't stop laying cuz someone stops buying. The new cllient is a small bakery in town. The owner seems to be interested in using them as part of a breakfast line she wants to start (egg biscuits etc) as opposed to using them in her baked goods..... We shall see. I will deliver a couple of dozen eggs for her to sample, and go from there.

The wife directed me to a website tonight bfore I left for work... apparently she has a bug in her bonnet to get a new dog. We lost our chocolate lab about 18 months ago, and I haven't been very interested in another dog. We had the lab for 8 or 9 years, and she was my dog. An 80 lb lap dog....She would crawl up on the couch and lay her head in my lap... She was a sweety. Now the wife wants a new dog..... a bull mastif. The local animal shelter has a 1 year old female mastif for adoption, and the wife wants me to go take a look.....

Finished the Whole30 book the other day..... apparently I started 2 days ago. Today is day 3. Had sauteed onions, red bell pepper and mushrooms on my scrabled eggs tonight. Have grilled chicken breast, salad and green beans for lunch. I think I an going to roast some pumpkin and butternut squash today.

The squash that I planted a couple of weeks ago is getting big. The kubocha leaves are huge, the size of dinner plates or so. Planted acorn squash and new england pie pumpkins, swiss chard and beets this weekend. Plan on planting broccoli (for the wife...), cabbage and collards this week. Will start leeks, spinach, radishes, carrots, turnips, ruttabaga, lettuce and salad greens this weekend.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    lol..... and I wasn't even TRYING to! I guess I'm as bad as Joanie! Thanks for that laugh!
    Inate inborn talent, some people are born lucky.....

Good luck with the eggs, is the hound likely, can't beat a good dog, food sounds good as does the garden.

Plan on planting broccoli (for the wife...)
    Closet broc lover perchance, err, not bloody likely....

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Inate inborn talent, some people are born lucky.....

can't beat a good dog, .

Closet broc lover perchance, err, not bloody likely....
    NO, you should only beat the bad ones....

"Not bloody likely" sums it up quite nicely..... you, sir, are a master of brevity and wit!

Did a little research on the dog wife wants.... holy moley! A female is 100-120 lbs.... I'm seeing 50 lb bags of dog food being brought in by the truck load! holy crap!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Good morning!

It's tough to replace a loved pet. I still haven't gotten a cat to replace my old boy. I think about it, look at the pics posted on the shelters' websites, then just move on. Cats, fortunately, don't eat 50 pounds of food very quickly.

Broccoli isn't a fave, though I can eat Brussel sprouts by the tank load. Still, a hot grill or oven and some olive oil and salt, and almost any veggie I don't love becomes something quite palatable. Barring that, boiling it to mush and running it through the food processor with cream and butter works also. (That would even work on a discarded pair of sandals.)

Hope the bakery becomes a new customer.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Good morning!

It's tough to replace a loved pet. I still haven't gotten a cat to replace my old boy. I think about it, look at the pics posted on the shelters' websites, then just move on. Cats, fortunately, don't eat 50 pounds of food very quickly.

Broccoli isn't a fave, though I can eat Brussel sprouts by the tank load. Still, a hot grill or oven and some olive oil and salt, and almost any veggie I don't love becomes something quite palatable. Barring that, boiling it to mush and running it through the food processor with cream and butter works also. (That would even work on a discarded pair of sandals.)

Hope the bakery becomes a new customer.
    Yup.... the last one was my dog, this one will be the wife's...

I'd rather eat the sandal than the broccoli....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    They is big un's mastiffs, so good luck feeding it, wandering who'll get to do the walking!

I'd rather eat the sandal than the broccoli....
    LMFAO, still sat here tittering....

Bad news about the dog. She was adopted this weekend.... so now the hunt begins anew.... wife is bummed.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    get a pit *nudge* biggest babies ever

or a pom (i'm biased here)

or a corgi (they're fricken cute too)

alaskan malamute?

direwolf!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!