Page 251 of 548 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 5473

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 251

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Good day all!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Yeah, monasteries always have the best (strongest, likely to result in brain cell death) booze. The nuns? They have to make do with sisterhood.
    Especially some of the Belgian ones, they got the texture of creosote as well....

Has anyone seen those monasteries in Greece built on top of the mountains, they're amazing.

Saw this and thought of you doc....

http://www.theguardian.com

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Saw this and thought of you doc....

http://www.theguardian.com
    Thanks, but I'll take Ibuprophen instead..... appreciate you lookin out for me though! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Thanks, but I'll take Ibuprophen instead..... appreciate you lookin out for me though! lol
    Lol, can't say I'm overly shocked there! Ya gotta look out for yer chums.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Lol, can't say I'm overly shocked there! Ya gotta look out for yer chums.....
    And chums appreciate being looked after....

Baked up some fish filets today.... breaded with some eggs and almond meal. Had it for breakfast, and it was so good, I just had some more for lunch! Also cooked up some Jasmine rice, and I used chicken bouillon instead of plain water.... adds a bunch more flavor to the rice.....

Well Saturday is almost here. I will spend all day getting my stuff set up for Freezer-fest 2013. It takes a fair amount of equipment to do this chicken processing, so I will collect and stage it today so I can start the festivities at the crack of frikin dawn.... Need to get several bags of ice, a couple of coolers, a folding table, and a pop-up canopy to work under....

Ran a 4 miler today... used a 151 bpm podrunner mix.... great time! listened to some of the others I have and can't wait tp try them out. Out of them is called Space Race and the first 1/2 have several minutes of military cadence calling in it... almost brought a tear to my eye.... lol

Saturday was a looooong day..... All 50 birds are dispatched, de-featherd, de-gutted, de-headed, de-legged, chilled, bagged and frozen. About 20 of the got cut up in to parts, so I have bags of legs, wings, breasts and backs in the freezer..... The average weight was 5 lb. there were a few 4.5 and a couple of 6lb birds, but most were around 5 lb. THat's a healthy sized bird... Freezer is full...............

Got a copy of It Starts With Food on my Kindle. Started reading it. THe Whole30 concept is intriguing... Not liking the ditching of artificial sweeteners though..... Gonna finish the book before I decide what I want to do.

Legs are a little stiff from Friday's run, and yesterday's activity, so I will do my long run tomorrow. Today, I get to put up all the equipment from yesterday, I have some radishes and salad greens ready for harvest, and I need to plant carrots, parsnips, turnips, beets, cabbage, collards and a few other things I can't remember at the moment... so, I'm off to another busy day on the farm!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Wow the chicken harvest sounds like a lot of work.

About w30, I have always wanted to get in a clean one and then try adding the AS back in and see what happens. Maybe this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Wow the chicken harvest sounds like a lot of work.

About w30, I have always wanted to get in a clean one and then try adding the AS back in and see what happens. Maybe this time...
    Oh It was.... Step son and I did the whole job, which is why it took as long as it did.... and it's a nasty job too boot....

Good luck to you on the Whole30! Just keep trying.