Page 250 of 553 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 5527

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 250

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    PodRunner? They have mixes with specific BPMs? Please to provide more data!

It's a podcast I found at the Itunes store. They have 2 versions... Podrunner intervals and Podrunner. The PodRunner intervals is just that, interval mixes. They have a program for 5k, 8k, 10k work ups and a buttload of interval workouts. The PodRunner is just a bunch of mixes that are at set paces that range from walkling pace (120, 130 bpm) to sprints (180 bpm or so) and range in length from 30 minutes to an hour long. The worst news, is that they are all free. Darn the bad luck! There is an app called PodRunner Shift that works on Ipod Touch/ Iphone that lets you set any of the PodRunner mixes to whatever pace you want, skip the intro, scroll through your mixes etc....

Not a whole lot exciting going on today.... finished cutting the 5 acres the chickens are in, then went inside and threw some beef ribs on the grill, gave them a nice sear..... and finished them in a crock pot with beef broth.... Ate them when I got up for "breakfast"...

Sleep was sucky... went down at 3, got up at 8, tossed and turned, got very little rest..... Couldn't get the coming events on Saturday outta me pea-sized brain. Saturday? Chickens headed to the freezer day.... 50 big fat juicy, waddeling-when-they-walk Cornish Cross chickens will meat their destiny on Saturday.........

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    lol.... it always about sex with you..... I like it!
    I'd imagine we all like it, just a pity we ain't getting it.....

Not a whole lot exciting going on today.... finished cutting the 5 acres the chickens are in, then went inside and threw some beef ribs on the grill, gave them a nice sear..... and finished them in a crock pot with beef broth.... Ate them when I got up for "breakfast"...

Sleep was sucky... went down at 3, got up at 8, tossed and turned, got very little rest..... Couldn't get the coming events on Saturday outta me pea-sized brain. Saturday? Chickens headed to the freezer day.... 50 big fat juicy, waddeling-when-they-walk Cornish Cross chickens will meat their destiny on Saturday.........
    those ribs sound good, I wouldn't have thought the chooks would be sleeping to well if they knew what was coming to um, you could be in for long day there squire, especially if the boss is out of action, oh and did she go back to work?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    I'd imagine we all like it, just a pity we ain't getting it.....

those ribs sound good, I wouldn't have thought the chooks would be sleeping to well if they knew what was coming to um, you could be in for long day there squire, especially if the boss is out of action, oh and did she go back to work?!
    Yes, the meat birds would sleep alot less than I did if they knew they were on the menu.... yeah it will be a long day, fortunately step-son will be coming by to lend a hand, so to speak. I also have a plucker which makes that job much easier.... 30 seconds and you have a nekkid chicken...... it is pretty amazing really...

Yes she did go back to work..... silly girl

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    30 seconds and you have a nekkid bird...... it is pretty amazing really...
    I Joanied it for you.

My father and mother recently celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary with a stroke club (the first rule of stroke club is you don't talk about stroke club) lunch at the local monastery (I know, not my idea of fun, either). Anyway, they recounted how tame the wildlife was and how robins and finches flew down on to the picnic table. I said to Dad: 'fifty-five years married and you're still pulling the birds!'

I definitely his favourite daughter. I take it as a point of honour to make him chuckle with a ribald comment every Skype session.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I Joanied it for you.

My father and mother recently celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary with a stroke club (the first rule of stroke club is you don't talk about stroke club) lunch at the local monastery (I know, not my idea of fun, either). Anyway, they recounted how tame the wildlife was and how robins and finches flew down on to the picnic table. I said to Dad: 'fifty-five years married and you're still pulling the birds!'

I definitely his favourite daughter. I take it as a point of honour to make him chuckle with a ribald comment every Skype session.
    Tiz an honorable goal you have set for yourself!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    My father and mother recently celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary with a stroke club (the first rule of stroke club is you don't talk about stroke club) lunch at the local monastery (I know, not my idea of fun, either).
    Hey, I LOVE visiting monasteries. There is this one not too awful far from where my Oma lives, it is called Kreuzberg, and they make their own dark beer. When you go up, you can get pigs knuckle (roasted or stewed, your choice) and wurst and sauerkraut and that dark beer, and all the gardens and dining rooms are full all the time, with everybody from hordes of leather-clad motorcycle groups to ancient grandparents. You can even buy the plain gray clay steins your beer came in, but the rule is that you have to drink your way to the bottom of yours before you are allowed to... My uncle and a buddy of his helped my girlfriend drink their way through six, as she wanted six to take home with her (six siblings in her family). . Out of respect, and also probably because it is the most socially acceptable place to fart off your meal, most folks, drunk or not, make the picturesque, not-so-easy hike up the hill to the three crosses planted at the top. The monastery is a fully functioning place, so they are closed to all visitors for a chunk of the year to do the whole monastic thing.

And once hubby and I stayed in a converted monastery in a Bavarian Forest town for a week during the winter. We walked around and ate and drank and walked some more - the place is known for its natural beauty and fresh air.

But then I have always been attracted to spiritual centers. Each European city I visited, I made it a point to go and light a couple of candles in each cathedral/church we happened to pass. I did it last November on my trip back, as well - Marburg.
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 08-27-2013 at 04:33 AM.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Yeah, Crabby, I was being a bit facetious (it was more that they went with stroke club that tickled me). Monasteries are pretty cool places to visit. You should try the Orthodox ones in Greece if you ever get a chance.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

My favorite monestaries are the Trappist monestaries..... darn good beverages!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, monasteries always have the best (strongest, likely to result in brain cell death) booze. The nuns? They have to make do with sisterhood.