Page 241 of 585 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 5848

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 241

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Have a great errand day. I'm off to bed - very early, even for me, but I find myself very tired. How odd.
    Enjoy your sleep.....

Well, errand day went fairly well. Got nearly everything done I wanted to, so thats a plus. Saturday was interesting. Got up early, had a couple of cups of coffee, some yogurt and a protein bar and off to the mud run I went. Got there in plenty of time to do all the checking in etc...... and as it turns out, I was in the first heat. Oh joy... better than the last one when the days temp is up! Sooooo of I go on an 8k adventure. I wasn't worried about the distance, just the obstacles..... I should have been more worried about the course. There weren't that many obastacle, per se.... just lots of sand... loose beach sand. Nearly 80% of the course was loose sand..... I ran the first 2 miles... and walked most of the last 2.... running through sand is tough! I finished the course, which was the goal, and will probably do it again next year.... knowing what the course is. All things considered, I had an enjoyable time... met some good folks, got some good exercise, a sun and sand burn, chilled out in the ocean. Good times.
    So I get home from the fun run and start farm fun... yeeeeee haw! A fun filled sweaty afternooon was had by all!

Sunday was weed-eating and bush hogging..... the fun never stops! lol Didn't do a long run on Sunday. Figured Saturday covered it.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Wow, what a day. Welll done of trying something new. I reckon you deserved your day off on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Wow, what a day. Welll done of trying something new. I reckon you deserved your day off on Sunday.
    Thanks! The mud run was the 2nd one I have ever done, but the first time I had done one that long..... I do have a goal of doing a Tough Mudder, which is 10-12 miles long... but not this year! I have a bit more training to do to be ready for something that long....

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on finishing the mud run. Very impressive!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Well done on the run, squire, seeing it was on sand, and farm work in the afternoon, most impressive, how were the calves?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah, running in sand, even walking in sand - will give you gorgeous legs... I mean it's a really good workout.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Well done on the run, squire, seeing it was on sand, and farm work in the afternoon, most impressive, how were the calves?
    Calves? I gots no beef on the farm, yet.... ohhh MY calves... actually they aren't all that bad, suprisingly!

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Oh yeah, running in sand, even walking in sand - will give you gorgeous legs... I mean it's a really good workout.
    yes, and yes... lol

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Congrats on finishing the mud run. Very impressive!
    Thank you kind lady!