Page 238 of 584 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 5837

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 238

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Good day all!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Running...yuck. I did my weekly sprints yesterday, but I had to force myself.
    (Dons Deerstalker) Not a big fan then P, the good outbids the yuck, eh?! It is something I need to start doing again as well....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    There are days that I would agree with you
    Yeah, for me when it was stinkin' hot and humid, that used to kill me, not that it hppened that often over here....

much more so that shoveling chicken poo, or splitting firewood (though that is a GREAT anger-buster), or pulling weeds
    Not sure how shoveling chook doo doo is good for anger, the firewood I can get, lol! I found laying into a punch bag was good for the anger banging, another thing that needs to start again, got to buy one first of course....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good day all!

(Dons Deerstalker) Not a big fan then P, the good outbids the yuck, eh?! It is something I need to start doing again as well....

Yeah, for me when it was stinkin' hot and humid, that used to kill me, not that it hppened that often over here....

Not sure how shoveling chook doo doo is good for anger, the firewood I can get, lol! I found laying into a punch bag was good for the anger banging, another thing that needs to start again, got to buy one first of course....
    no shoveling isn't very good at busting anger.... firewood is though, you would be right again my good sir.... as would the heavy bag work-out. I've never been in to boxing. I tried it as a youngster. When I lived in the Virgin Islands there was a family down the street that was in to boxing and tried to put together a "neighborhood" boxing match..... I took part for awhile because their sister was cute.... I didn't get very far.... very protective those boys were... lol the stupid things guys go over girls....

I've never been in to boxing. I tried it as a youngster. When I lived in the Virgin Islands there was a family down the street that was in to boxing and tried to put together a "neighborhood" boxing match..... I took part for awhile because their sister was cute.... I didn't get very far.... very protective those boys were... lol the stupid things guys go over girls....
    Oh yeah the bag works better than proper boxing, especially at my age, it don't punch back, it was handy for rugby....Trouble with us blokes, when it comes to the fairer sex, we be led by a cartain appendage at times and not by ones head!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Oh yeah the bag works better than proper boxing, especially at my age, it don't punch back, it was handy for rugby....Trouble with us blokes, when it comes to the fairer sex, we be led by a cartain appendage at times and not by ones head!
    your age? You'se a young'un! lol but yes, not getting punched back is a good thing.... and true about the male leader....

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I can't imagine shoveling for your gang of chickens. Our 4 used to make a huge mess.

your age? You'se a young'un!
    I knows I acts it, but don't feel it in places, I can tell ee....

I can't imagine shoveling for your gang of chickens. Our 4 used to make a huge mess.
    4 made a huge mess, clearing up after his brood must be a right bag of laughs then!
    Last edited by Dhansakdave; 08-06-2013 at 06:58 AM.

Fortunately, using deep bedding in the chicken houses makes for alot less shovelling... and the hens all runs around on pasture, so no raking required! Cleaning out the hen houses several times a year is required though... and they like having new bedding to play in... The meat birds are an entirely different story.... all they do is eat, sleep, and poo. They are in an enclosed house that has a grass floor, and by the time the head to the freezer the floor will be matted down. The house is movable and the rain will wash in the manure and the grass will grow like crazy (next year... all the nitrogen will pretty much burn it now), earthworm population will explode in that area too.
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 08-07-2013 at 01:28 AM.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Fortunately, using deep bedding in the chicken houses makes for alot less shovelling... and the hens all runs around on pasture, so no raking required! Cleaning out the hen houses several times a year is required though... and they like having new bedding to play in... The meat birds are an entirely different story.... all they do is eat, sleep, and poo. They are in an enclosed house that has a grass floor, and by the time the head to the freezer the floor will be matted down. The house is movable and the rain will wash in the manure and the grass will grow like crazy (next year... all the nitrogen will pretty much burn it now), earthworm population will explode in that area too.
    All this bucolic goodness makes my heart flutter.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    All this bucolic goodness makes my heart flutter.
    I hope you aren't on heart medication then....... I would hate to be the cause of your untimely demise!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Had a pretty good run today. Temp was up a bit, in to the mid 80's and the humidity was in the low 90's. I ran a PodCast Runner interval that was fairly intteresting. 10 min at 150 bp, 10 minutes at 160 bpm, 10 minutes at 170 bpm, 10 minutes at 160 bpm, 10 minutes at 150 bpm and a 6 minute cool down walk. Covered 4 miles on the run. The 150 and 160 bpm pace wasn't bad... the 170 bpm pace was a challenge. I got through about 6 minutes, took a 1 minute walk break then finished the rest of that segment... Next time I will probably finish the whole thing.

I guess I should clarify something I said to Pebbels earlier about running.... I said I enjoy it, which is true, but it isn't the run that I enjoy. Yes, the endorphins are nice, but the hot, sweat, labor isn't really much fun, The enjoyment is from how I feel AFTER the run is over, when the sweat is washed away and dry clothes are on, the feeling of accomplishment, that satisfying sense muscles get when they have been worked and are becoming stronger because of the effort put forth during the run. Those are the things that make me enjoy running. The effort suck rocks. The results are worth the suck, IMHO...

OK enough pontification....