Page 237 of 585 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 5848

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 237

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Cor, there's a shock, and alas it's shown over here as well! It would appear it's helping the shallow end of the gene pool get shallower....
    lol... aye tiz true, er ARrrrrggh

Harvested the volunteer pumpkins from the compost pile a couple of weeks ends ago. Some of them were starting to look a little ragged, so we cooked the good ones and the salvageable parts of the bad ones went to the chickens.... So we have 6 or 8 bags of pumpkin in the freezer. Took one of the larger ones and made pumpkin butter. Put the cooked meat in the crockpot, spiced it up, turned it on and let it cook on low overnight.... and viola pumpkin butter.... and it is tasty too!

Didn't get my run in on Friday. I was exhausted. So I did a run on Saturday. Had a podcast for a sprint work out. Have never done a sprint workout, so I figured I'd do the podcast out and just jog back. Ended up doing a 3 mile run out of the deal....and worked some muscles I don't normally work.... the inside of my thighs are a bit on the sore side..

The meat birds are out on pasture as of this morning...... 4 more weeks till freezer time! Most of them are at least Cornish game hen size... some of the roosters are a good bit bigger. They will probably double in size between now and September.

Finished a 10 mile run this morning. Not as sore as I was last weekend. The insides of the thighs are still a bit sore, but not to the point of stopping me from running. At the end of my run a mixed up a recovery shake... 6 ounces of 1/2 and 1/2, a scoop of whey protein powder, and enough pumpkin butter to make 10 ounces. I mixed it up, and the thought hit me "Pumpkin spice latte" so I added 2 ounces of coffee... and the result was quite tasty! Next time I use equal parts coffee and 1/2 & 1/2...

Legs are still sore from yesterdays run, but not anywhere near what they were last week.... Next weekend I will not do a long run. Saturday I will be participating in an 8k obstacle course run at one of the local military bases. This is billed as the hardest mud run in the area. I don't doubt it. Most of the course is in sand, so I will be a large sugar cookie and rubbed raw in unmentionable places by the end..... oh, the things I choose to do to have fun doing.... some days it makes me question me sanity! One good thing about all these voices in my head... I'm never alone!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Good day all!

Done a 10K that was mostly ran on sand, it weren't half a calf killer, so I don't envy you squire! Thinking about it, that was one of me worst running experiences, the only time I had an energy drink before a race and barfed it up on the finishing straight!

You can't beat your own conversation....

Good day all!

Done a 10K that was mostly ran on sand, it weren't half a calf killer, so I don't envy you squire! Thinking about it, that was one of me worst running experiences, the only time I had an energy drink before a race and barfed it up on the finishing straight!

You can't beat your own conversation....
    Thanks for those words of encouragement.... I look forward to yaking up my breakfast! Actually I probably won't eat breakfast. On days I do long runs breakfast is usually 6 oz of yogurt and a cup of coffee..... The first few times I ran more than 6 miles I drank a whole pot before hitting the trail.... and before I got 4 miles I was looking for a bush to hit.... I learned to not drink a boatload of coffee before a run. I did a 5k earlier this year and drank a boatload of water before the race... yeah made a bunch of trips to the head (<--Navy term for bathroom) before the race was even started... fluid is important, but ya gotta have a balanced approach.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Thanks for those words of encouragement.... I look forward to yaking up my breakfast! Actually I probably won't eat breakfast. On days I do long runs breakfast is usually 6 oz of yogurt and a cup of coffee..... The first few times I ran more than 6 miles I drank a whole pot before hitting the trail.... and before I got 4 miles I was looking for a bush to hit.... I learned to not drink a boatload of coffee before a run. I did a 5k earlier this year and drank a boatload of water before the race... yeah made a bunch of trips to the head (<--Navy term for bathroom) before the race was even started... fluid is important, but ya gotta have a balanced approach.
    Always happy to bolster a friend....

I used to have porridge and some water, but that was in the days I ate oats and wheat and other stuff, which I don't touch now, and after half marathons I was Mr Hungry, be jeez us some food got put away!

I concurs fluid wise, hydrated, but not overly, I tended to drink more during the run, sort of by listening to me thirst.

Always happy to bolster a friend....

I used to have porridge and some water, but that was in the days I ate oats and wheat and other stuff, which I don't touch now, and after half marathons I was Mr Hungry, be jeez us some food got put away!

I concurs fluid wise, hydrated, but not overly, I tended to drink more during the run, sort of by listening to me thirst.
    On my long runs I have started wearing a 70 oz CamelBack, and I take 4 or 5 swallows of water every mile and on an 8-10 mile run that water is almost always gone by the end...

There pretty good they camelbacks, I tended towards carrying a bottle meself, as I can sweat in polar regions when I exercise and it got a bit uncomfortable, I do find them handy when walking.

Forkingspamtwat!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Running...yuck. I did my weekly sprints yesterday, but I had to force myself.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Running...yuck. I did my weekly sprints yesterday, but I had to force myself.
    There are days that I would agree with you...... but for the most part, I find it pretty enjoyable.... much more so that shoveling chicken poo, or splitting firewood (though that is a GREAT anger-buster), or pulling weeds