Page 236 of 529 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 5287

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 236

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I *think* a rutabaga is what Brits call a swede (I think your swedes are our turnips?)... Anyways, what Carbcakes (typo, but a funny one so it stays) suggests should be golden.
    you re right on both counts

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    You could dice the rutabaga small, and/or add it to the pot afore the spuds - it is what I do - to not hafta use a second pot. I will use a second pot if necessary, but in general I like to keep cookpot clutter down for one meal.

I'm kinda a Martha groupie. Everything I have tried of hers worked beautifully for me so far. I have most of her cookbooks, with the exception of wedding-only vols.
    Dats why they is part a da smart gender squire, and not like us fickos....

Carbcakes (typo, but a funny one so it stays)
    Lol, classic!

You could dice the rutabaga small, and/or add it to the pot afore the spuds - it is what I do - to not hafta use a second pot. I will use a second pot if necessary, but in general I like to keep cookpot clutter down for one meal.

I'm kinda a Martha groupie. Everything I have tried of hers worked beautifully for me so far. I have most of her cookbooks, with the exception of wedding-only vols.
    If I had read "Rutabagas for Dummies" I would know that they cook slower.... but I'm a dummy.... I agree with the "fewer pots" model so next time they get diced small and cooked first!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    *head in hands* how is it I have never clocked the second 'b'? All this time I've imagined Crabby as:
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Dats why they is part a da smart gender squire, and not like us fickos....

Lol, classic!
    And fairer I mights add.....

*head in hands* how is it I have never clocked the second 'b'? All this time I've imagined Crabby as:
    Google Image Result for http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111106112641/spongebob/images/b/b8/Krabby_Patty_2.jpg

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Clean & Scentsible: Crab Cakes {cupcakes}

For a real Carbcakes Crabbcakes
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    You would be right. But it is also a play on a family name, hence the second b.

So that is a crabby patty! I have never seen SpongeBob, so that one just went whoosh until now - nice!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

You would be right. But it is also a play on a family name, hence the second b.

So that is a crabby patty! I have never seen SpongeBob, so that one just went whoosh until now - nice!
    OMG! Never seen SpongeBob!????!??!!??? You are depriving yourself of the best of American culture! (Not really.... it's a pretty mind numbing show...)
    Pediatricians Agree – SpongeBob Is Bad For Kids

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    OMG! Never seen SpongeBob!????!??!!??? You are depriving yourself of the best of American culture! (Not really.... it's a pretty mind numbing show...)
    Pediatricians Agree SpongeBob Is Bad For Kids
    Cor, there's a shock, and alas it's shown over here as well! It would appear it's helping the shallow end of the gene pool get shallower....