Page 234 of 526 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 5260

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 234

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Good day all!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Going to plant delicata, butternut, acorn and kubocha squashes, swiss chard, beets, turnips, rutabaga, carrots, kale, collards, lettuce, salad greens
    Sounds like the cottage industry's booming, keep they kubocha's for yourself mind....

it has a crap ton of bells and whistles. A Navigation system, back up camera, heated seats, voice activated controls... gets better gas mileage than what we traded...
    I tend to buy motors with as little as that as possible, on the premise that the less they got the less can go wrong, better mileage is all good though!

wife is making chocolate chip cookies to send to her mother.... and I know I will want to test he batter and the finished product...... maybe I can go see if the neighbors have a landscape rake...
    Did you beat the batter monster?

On a personal note, thinking of getting one of these Amazon.com : Eastman Outdoors Jerky and Sausage Maker Gun; Heavy Duty: Includes 2 Jerky Nozzles, Meat Barrel, 3 Sausage Stuffer Tubes : Meat Game : Patio, Lawn & Garden to give me some better control with the sausage making!

Didn't do no posting yesterday, went to a BBQ Saturday, had something which I think might have effected my digestive system in an adverse way, (TMI) but me poor nipsy.....

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good day all!

Sounds like the cottage industry's booming, keep they kubocha's for yourself mind....

I tend to buy motors with as little as that as possible, on the premise that the less they got the less can go wrong, better mileage is all good though!

Did you beat the batter monster?

On a personal note, thinking of getting one of these Amazon.com : Eastman Outdoors Jerky and Sausage Maker Gun; Heavy Duty: Includes 2 Jerky Nozzles, Meat Barrel, 3 Sausage Stuffer Tubes : Meat Game : Patio, Lawn & Garden to give me some better control with the sausage making!

Didn't do no posting yesterday, went to a BBQ Saturday, had something which I think might have effected my digestive system in an adverse way, (TMI) but me poor nipsy.....
    This will be the first time I have ever grown them, so I have no idea if I like them or not.... but for the cost of the seed, if I hate them it isn't a huge loss.

I prefer cars with less stuff for the very reason you mention.... I'm a guy... I need function not form

Yes I did beat the batter monster.... only took a couple of punches to the face....

Those jerky guns are pretty cool... they work well for make jerky of minced meat, though I'm not sure you could get enough oomph behind it to fill a 35mm sausage casing

SAturday BBQs and (I'm asuming) cider is a good time.... even though there may be associated digestive issues that ensue....

This will be the first time I have ever grown them, so I have no idea if I like them or not.... but for the cost of the seed, if I hate them it isn't a huge loss.

I prefer cars with less stuff for the very reason you mention.... I'm a guy... I need function not form

Yes I did beat the batter monster.... only took a couple of punches to the face....

Those jerky guns are pretty cool... they work well for make jerky of minced meat, though I'm not sure you could get enough oomph behind it to fill a 35mm sausage casing

SAturday BBQs and (I'm asuming) cider is a good time.... even though there may be associated digestive issues that ensue....
    Weren't that one with the aphrodisiac like properties, nudge nudge, wink ,wink?!

Absolutely.

Good man, got a good chin there...

Might give it a go though or something similar as me electrical one horses it in too fast to feed it into the casing!

How astute, one did have a few ciders, and only had some pork, stuffing and apple sauce to eat, we did have rain of biblical proportions as well, but oh dear....

Weren't that one with the aphrodisiac like properties, nudge nudge, wink ,wink?!

Absolutely.

Good man, got a good chin there...

Might give it a go though or something similar as me electrical one horses it in too fast to feed it into the casing!

How astute, one did have a few ciders, and only had some pork, stuffing and apple sauce to eat, we did have rain of biblical proportions as well, but oh dear....
    oh god I hope so.... will have to feed the wife some squash!

cider and rain.... after enough cider do you really care how wet the rain is??? lol

oh god I hope so.... will have to feed the wife some squash!

cider and rain.... after enough cider do you really care how wet the rain is??? lol
    Kabocha squash shepards pie....

Lol, there was a few there who wouldn't have known what rain was, let alone how wet it was!

Kabocha squash shepards pie....

Lol, there was a few there who wouldn't have known what rain was, let alone how wet it was!
    kabocha shepards pie.... sounds interesting....

oh, I can't says I've ever been there before meself.... only cuz I have a hard time remember the events of the eve....

Went for a run today. I did an interval run that was 3.5 miles-ish long.... It's been awhile since I did an interval run... felt good. I used a podcast that is supposed to be a work up to an 8K run.... I also have a 25 minute podcast that is for sprints... basically its a 5 minute warm up, 140 bpm x 3 minutes, 170 bpm x 1 minute, repeat the cycle and a 3 or 4 minute cool down... I may give it a go later this week.... I listened to it when I was doing some tractor work today. Interesting..... so I'll go play with it later.

Speaking of tractor work... got most of the trash raked out of the garden. I have a couple of sections that need some more work, but some of the garden is ready for fertilizer and planting. Looks like my weekend is planned already!

The meat birds are getting big. They are about 4 weeks old and are big enough to be Cornish game hens.... They are fully feathered and ready to head out to the pasture.... one more thing to do this weekend... In another 4 weeks they will be rady to head out to the freezer..... fat, succulent chicken! I think I am going to leave 15 or so whole and cut the rest up.

Thawed out some polish sausage that is bound for the grill.. oh yum. I also have some ground beef too try out as rutabaga shepards pie....

Good day all!

Blimey, so does that mean it only takes eight weeks from egg to chopping block for meat chooks, didn't realise it was that fast, it also shows how ignorant I am?!

I've done shepards pie with cauli and a mixture of cauli and carrots mash, will have to give the swede a go!

Lol on the 'ready to head out to the freezer'....

Good day all!

Blimey, so does that mean it only takes eight weeks from egg to chopping block for meat chooks, didn't realise it was that fast, it also shows how ignorant I am?!

I've done shepards pie with cauli and a mixture of cauli and carrots mash, will have to give the swede a go!

Lol on the 'ready to head out to the freezer'....
    It all depends on how big you want the birds.... most "factory" chicken farms can have them at 4 or 5 lbs in about 6 weeks. I grow them a little longer because I don't have the same "efficiency" in feed delivery etc as the factory farms, so it takes a week or so longer to get them to the same size. Yes.... they grow like you're feeding them rocket fuel.....

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    So, er, how much work is plucking? (not a euphemism!) I'm not sure I could do all the prep for a home-grown chook.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!