Page 233 of 446 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 4453

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 233

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good day all!

Well after the naming of the Royal shit machine, can I say, drink up thy cider Geo.....

Dandy on the tractor, and Mark does say to play more, so....

Presume it were a bit tepid round your way then going by that fluid usage?!
    The new George may be a little too young to have cider in his bottle.... but ya never know!

yup, playing is a good thing!

Temps were mid 80's or so, and a good bit of humidity, but not as bad as last week..... tolerable... I'm just juicy...

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    The new George may be a little too young to have cider in his bottle.... but ya never know!
    Never done us any harm, tic, tic....

I'm just juicy...
    Being the discerning chap that you are, I'll take your word for it sir!
    Last edited by Dhansakdave; 07-25-2013 at 02:39 AM.

Never done us any harm, tic, tic....

Being the discerning chap that you are, I'll take your word for it sir!
    I appreciate you with-holding a request to define "juicy" lol

I appreciate you with-holding a request to define "juicy" lol
    It must be my refined up-bringing, ahem....

Had a bit of a result yesterday, my neighbour had a pine tree chopped down, so copped for a good bit of it to use in the smoker, just need to get it down to kindling, have you ever used pine?

It must be my refined up-bringing, ahem....

Had a bit of a result yesterday, my neighbour had a pine tree chopped down, so copped for a good bit of it to use in the smoker, just need to get it down to kindling, have you ever used pine?
    no, and everything I have read doesn't recomend it's use because of the resin in the wood can cause off flavors (like turpentine) in the meat. If your a big fan of turpentine, feel free m'lad! It can be used in small amounts in a fireplace, but it can cause a build up of deposits in the flue that can cause chimney fires.... Pine is great for camp fires though....

no, and everything I have read doesn't recomend it's use because of the resin in the wood can cause off flavors (like turpentine) in the meat. If your a big fan of turpentine, feel free m'lad! It can be used in small amounts in a fireplace, but it can cause a build up of deposits in the flue that can cause chimney fires.... Pine is great for camp fires though....
    Can't say I'm the biggest fan of turps to be honest, though I did try Miller lite in my teens, so I reckon I can give that away, me brothers got a few wood burning toys, I'll see if he wants it, will warn him not to use it indoors though!

Thanks for the advice, top man.

Can't say I'm the biggest fan of turps to be honest, though I did try Miller lite in my teens, so I reckon I can give that away, me brothers got a few wood burning toys, I'll see if he wants it, will warn him not to use it indoors though!

Thanks for the advice, top man.
    The problem with pine in a fireplace isn't from 1 or 2 fires.... more like 1 or 2 years of fires, so an occasional use isn't a big deal.

You are welcoe for the info.... top man? ehhh maybe a little above average.... but thanks for the compliment!

The problem with pine in a fireplace isn't from 1 or 2 fires.... more like 1 or 2 years of fires, so an occasional use isn't a big deal.
    No worries.

You are welcoe for the info.... top man? ehhh maybe a little above average.... but thanks for the compliment!
    Anyone who stops me from inadvertently consuming turps, is a top man in my eye!

No worries.

Anyone who stops me from inadvertently consuming turps, is a top man in my eye!
    You are kind sir.....

Friday: Spent a good portion of the day on the tractor plowing, and disking the garden.... Looks like I need a landscape rake to get all the grass and crap that the disc won't turn under... then till and smooth and plant.... Getting ready for the fall garden stuff already. Going to plant delicata, butternut, acorn and kubocha squashes, swiss chard, beets, turnips, rutabaga, carrots, kale, collards, lettuce, salad greens

Saturday: Started working in the garden a bit. Came in for some water and the wife said she wanted to go test drive a car and run a few errands. So we go to the dealership, she looks at one car, test drives it, and buys it.... probably the easiest sale the guy has had in weeks.... 5 hours later we drive off the lot in a brand new Ford Explorer..... it has a crap ton of bells and whistles. A Navigation system, back up camera, heated seats, voice activated controls... gets better gas mileage than what we traded... so with all the time at the dealership, most of our errands didn't get done.... there is always tomorrow..

Sunday: 10 mile run..... cloudy, fairly high humidity, but the temps were in the mid 70's.... still sweat off 4 or 5 lbs though... legs are sore, particularly at the bottom of the hammies and the tops of the calves.... probably gonna rest for the rest of the day.... may have to go do that outside though.... wife is making chocolate chip cookies to send to her mother.... and I know I will want to test he batter and the finished product...... maybe I can go see if the neighbors have a landscape rake...