Page 231 of 586 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 5852

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 231

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Been thinking about that rutabaga shepards pie..... instead of putting it in a pie crust, I think I will make it in individual sized ramakens....... but the rest of the ingreejiants should be the same. Wife and I picked up a book on the discount rack at Barns an Nobles this past weekend. It was a book on Irish pub food.... I may have a gander in there. Me thinks a nip o stout might be in order.....

Daughter is coming over this weekend. Bringing the grandson with her. Paella may be on tap..... maybe a seafood version.... with short grain brown rice.

Played in the garden. Picked peppers, cukes and tomatos. Starting to get some nice red peppers and the green bells are getting big.... Tasted a red pepper... nice and sweet. The tomatos need some fertilizing I think....still getting some blossom nd rot.... Note to self; Next year add limestone to the fertilizing plan. Also plant 2 beds of 'maters. One bed full of Roma and Celebrity the other full of Lemon Boy, Sweet 100 cherry and Sun Gold cherry tomatos.......
    Husband and I had plenty of iced-cider pub lubricated lunches on the isle. I raised a glass to you and DDave.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Husband and I had plenty of iced-cider pub lubricated lunches on the isle. I raised a glass to you and DDave.
    lol... my thanks to you m'lady! Nice to be remembered... especially over a good glass o cider in a pub!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    lol... my thanks to you m'lady! Nice to be remembered... especially over a good glass o cider in a pub!
    I concurs, most appreciated, thanks for the mammary, especially over a cold beaker of apples......

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    I concurs, most appreciated, thanks for the mammary, especially over a cold beaker of apples......
    mammaries are great with or without the apples.....

Weekend was pretty good. The daughter came out for a visit. She brought her son and her nephew. It was good to see them again. Food was decent. Had grilled chicken salad on Friday night and I made a paella for lunch on Saturday. I tried a tuna and chicken recipe, and added shrimp. I used a short grain brown rice, which has a different texture than a white rice. A little crunchier and nuttier in flavor. Pretty good, but I think I prefer the white rice.

Sunday was a long run day. Finished 8 miles. The temp was mid 80's and relatively high humidity. I broke the run up in to 4 mile segments. I came in the house and drank a butt-load of water at the mid point, and carried a couple of Gatorade bottles that I drank at the 1 mile walk-breaks I take (a 1 minute walk every mile). Legs didn't feel as trashed as the last long run I did.... and the heat gorilla didn't pounce as bad.... so it seems that drinking fluid on hot days on long runs helps keep heat gorillas away.... whoda thunk it! So, it looks like I will be breaking my long runs up in to 4 mile sections and getting lots of water onboard on future long runs...

Got a text from the daughter today..... apparently she went to the market and scored a rabbit for me... Yum! I will have to fix it and not share with the wife, since she is no fan of Thumper-friccasee... more for me!

Got the 'maters fertilized today... then we got a good bit of rain.... good deal. I was about to have to turn on the sprinkler!

tried to till in some of the grass and such growing in the garden. yeah, it needs to be disked in, or raked off and composted. Looks like an opportunity to buy a new tractor tool! woo hoo! lol... I have been looking at some "quick change" hitches for the tractor... kinda like these:
    Pat's Premium 3-Point Quick Change Hitch — Category 1 | 3-Point Hitch Adapters| Northern Tool + Equipment

Maybe I need a landscape rake.....

or a cultivator.....

or a plow.....

A bigger tractor!

Good day squire!

Nice one on the pesky wabbit, ya can't beat a bit a bugs....

Go for the full house, the more boys toys the better, I'd say, you can't play with it, if you ain't got it....

Had thunder storms over here last night, wish I'd shut me car windows fully!!

Good day squire!

Nice one on the pesky wabbit, ya can't beat a bit a bugs....

Go for the full house, the more boys toys the better, I'd say, you can't play with it, if you ain't got it....

Had thunder storms over here last night, wish I'd shut me car windows fully!!
    Yes, I am looking forward to some tender cotton tail....

Agreed on the boys toys...

not so yeah on the wet bum in the car.... but the seats got cleaned, at least...

not so yeah on the wet bum in the car.... but the seats got cleaned, at least...
    Yup, the old posterial got a bit damp, swelligant! Note to self, get a car freshener on the way home....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yup, the old posterial got a bit damp, swelligant! Note to self, get a car freshener on the way home....
    Make sure you get the Old Sock variety... it will meld nicely with the musty seat smell! lol