Page 228 of 726 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 7259

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Doc, I planted my apple tree today. I wonder how long it will take to fruit?
    Depends on the variety, but from what I remember reading it is in the 2-5 year range. Good for you planting cider trees!

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    LOL! Living in upstate NY, deer season was a big deal. I remember one year some guys got caught with a doe that they had put antlers on. They were going through a toll booth to the city. I had a neighbor who had to put a deer in the bathtub with ice because he shot it a couple of days before the legal season. I love people (even though it often seems that I don't because I rant so much).

Six pounds of water loss? That's huge. Smart that you stopped when you did.
    I've heard stories of antlers tied to does heads..... nuttin wrong with a rant now and again!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Depends on the variety, but from what I remember reading it is in the 2-5 year range. Good for you planting cider trees!

Kind of makes me wish I planted it five years ago. Especially given the following fact:

•It takes about 36 apples to create one gallon of apple cider.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Kind of makes me wish I planted it five years ago. Especially given the following fact:

•It takes about 36 apples to create one gallon of apple cider.
    Ah, I am going to steal that as my fun fact of the day. Sounds like you need to plant a few more trees

^I agree with that, get yerself an orchard going, a gallon won't go far.....

Doc, will you have room in the coolometer for Bambi, if it's full of Foghorn leghorn?!
    Last edited by Dhansakdave; 07-17-2013 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    ^I agree with that, get yerself an orchard going, a gallon won't go far.....

Doc, will you have roof in the coolometer for Bambi, if it's full of Foghorn leghorn?!
    I'll get a new one just for Bambi!

Good day all!

I'll get a new one just for Bambi!
    Good man, likes the cut of your jib, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good day all!

Good man, likes the cut of your jib, sir!
    I am a retired sailor, afterall...... my thanks to you good sir!

Got in a 3 mile run today... it was in the mid 80's with humidity in the 95% range.... oh what wet fun we had! lol not really. The first 2 miles werent all that bad.... the last one, the heat jumped on me like a 900 lb gorilla.....
    So I goes in the house, slug down some cold water, then go back outside to mow the lawn.... thank the gods for riding mowers! my yard is probably 2/3 of an acre, and with all the rain of late, the grass was near 6" high and wet.... took a while to mow. running shorts and a sweat wicking shirt are ideal for mowing..... and Angry Orchard would have helped, but alas none was available.

The other day I harvested a butt-ton of rutabaga..... Have to figure out what to do with them..... I guess fridge-bound they are to be eatten...... maybe a rutabaga sheppards pie! They've gotta be better for ya than potatoes!

canio6 Guest
    Shop Now
    maybe a rutabaga sheppards pie!
    holy mother of god, why have I never done this?