Page 224 of 565 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 5648

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 224

  1. #2231
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,957
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    What a glorious place - talks of chicken, paella, and SPAM.
    hmmm SPAM paella... interesting thought there!

  2. #2232
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    hmmm SPAM paella... interesting thought there!
    Ooh, if you manage to pull that one off, get yerself on Masterchef.....

  3. #2233
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,685
    I've used SPAM in casseroles, but it can sometimes turn out bland because the salt in the SPAM gets sucked into the sauce in the casserole. I think if you try to do a SPAM paella, you might want to first get a nice char on the SPAM before adding it.

    SPAM - the forgotten power food.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

  4. #2234
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I've used SPAM in casseroles, but it can sometimes turn out bland because the salt in the SPAM gets sucked into the sauce in the casserole. I think if you try to do a SPAM paella, you might want to first get a nice char on the SPAM before adding it.

    SPAM - the forgotten power food.
    It is pork shoulder after all.....

  5. #2235
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,957
    Well, all of the visitors have departed the homestead..... peace and quiet has returned. Spent the weekend working on my veggie wash station. Maybe I will post a picture when it is finished. The garden is being over run with grass because I have spent more time on the projects I am building than in maintaining the garden..... bummer... more work in the summer heat.... maybe I'll burn some body fat pulling weeds!

    There are several "volunteer" pumpkins growing out of my compost pile. The leaves a huge and dark green, and several of the punkins are orange..... ready to harvest it seems...... and several more are starting to turn. Maybe I will have a couple of carving sized ones for Halloween this year...

    The tomatos are growing pretty well. still having issues with the blossom end rot on my Roma's.... The yellow slicing 'maters are pretty frikin tasty, and the golden cherry tomatos are really very good. I ate them in the salads I had this weekend. They explode with a wonderful sweetness when you bite them... Next year I plant more of the gold cherry tomatos.......

    Picked some overgrown cucumbers on Saturday...... a couple were almost 2 feet long and about 4" across...... The chickens enjoyed the bounty of the garden. They also got to eat some overgrown yellow squash.

    found a couple of large pattypan squash (about 4" across). Got to eat them Sunday... The wife makes "planks" out of zucchini (thick slices of zucchini, battered and fried) and she treated some of the patty pan and yellow squash the same way.... delishious! THAT kind of plank I can't hold very long.... to yummy to hold....

    Got in a run on sunday. Should be at 10 miles, but blew off the last 2 weeks, so I backed off my miles and ran 6.... good thing I did. Humidity was up and it sucked the energy out of me. Next week I'll add 2 miles. I need to get back on track with my exercise and eating. Have been anything BUT paleo/primal since Christmas.... fortunately, my weight has stayed realtively the same, but I am about 6 lbs heavier than I was around Christmas.... Eating cleaner, cutting out high carb snacks, limiting my carb intake to @ 50g have to be where I head.... I'm not happy with my current weight.....

    I used the Garmin Runner that my youngest gave my. Pretty freaking cool.... uses GPS to measure distance run and gives you a real time run pace, and tracks run time and lots of other features..... I will have to explore said device....
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 07-07-2013 at 11:19 PM.

  6. #2236
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,685
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    There are several "volunteer" pumpkins growing out of my compost pile. The leaves a huge and dark green, and several of the punkins are orange..... ready to harvest it seems...... and several more are starting to turn. Maybe I will have a couple of carving sized ones for Halloween this year...

    The tomatos are growing pretty well. still having issues with the blossom end rot on my Roma's.... The yellow slicing 'maters are pretty frikin tasty, and the golden cherry tomatos are really very good. I ate them in the salads I had this weekend. They explode with a wonderful sweetness when you bite them... Next year I plant more of the gold cherry tomatos.......

    I used the Garmin Runner that my youngest gave my. Pretty freaking cool.... uses GPS to measure distance run and gives you a real time run pace, and tracks run time and lots of other features..... I will have to explore said device....
    What is a volunteer pumpkin?

    I love gold cherry tomatoes - they taste like sunshine. Your hard work is certainly paying off.

    The Garmin Runner sounds like a great toy.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

  7. #2237
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    What is a volunteer pumpkin?

    I love gold cherry tomatoes - they taste like sunshine. Your hard work is certainly paying off.

    The Garmin Runner sounds like a great toy.
    A pumpkin that grew from seed in the compost pile, not one that was planted intentionally.... it volunteered....

  8. #2238
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    2,135
    Good day all.

    Sounds like another lively weekend squire, you'll be able to sell your armchair, as new!

    Spam, got put off it in junior school where they used to batter and fry it, it was gross, cuz the batter was soggy and minging, put me off ever since!

    Manage to get the smoker going today, and gave some ribs a try out, so here's some food porn, not sure if was beginners luck, but they was lush!

    20130708_153057 by Dhansakdave, on Flickr

  9. #2239
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    2,135
    As I'm on a roll with the photees, here's one I thought was moderately amusing, it was an advert in a magazine/comic!

    badgers_arse by Dhansakdave, on Flickr

  10. #2240
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    9,184
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My Padawan has become a Jedi of posting pics...I'm so proud.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •