Page 222 of 529 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 5287

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 222

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Spent several days with the family. Had a grunch of folks in the house.... every bed was full, and a few on the floor too. Now everyone is starting to head home... which is both good and bad. I will miss the people, but all the noise and craziness that goes with having a larg influx of people won't be missed much.... although some of the craziness is fun.....

Saturday we went fishing off shore for a few hours. I haven't been fishing in years. Had a great time. Caught a bunch o fish, most of the we threw back. did keep a few, and fileted them out once we got home..... fish in the freezer.

Made another batch of paella on Saturday. Had some spanish chorizo in it.... very yummy. Everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Finished the bed for granddaughter. They will be taking it home today.

Tomatos are starting to get ripe. The golden cherry tomatos are the bomb! A looking forward to trying the yellow slicing tomatos.

Being over run with yellow squash.... patty pan squash are starting to come in as well..... and peppers..... Had several pumpkin plants sprout up out of the compost pile.... they are huge.... and loaded with pumpkins! Almost time to start the acorn and butternut squash....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Good day all!

Sounds like a bit of a lively one, good one though and good to get a bit of family time, did the beds get much use at all, (for sleeping that is) and did you need a head count for all the subs, prior to departure?!
    Golden toms, ooh, envies you.....By the way, out of interest, what's patty pan squash, new one on me that?!

Me Saturday was written off, visited the pub with some chums and me bro to watch the British & Irish Lions V Aussies at rugby, was jarred off after losing so stayed a bit longer than planned, made it home to watch the Stones at Glastonbury though!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good day all!

Sounds like a bit of a lively one, good one though and good to get a bit of family time, did the beds get much use at all, (for sleeping that is) and did you need a head count for all the subs, prior to departure?!
    Golden toms, ooh, envies you.....By the way, out of interest, what's patty pan squash, new one on me that?!

Me Saturday was written off, visited the pub with some chums and me bro to watch the British & Irish Lions V Aussies at rugby, was jarred off after losing so stayed a bit longer than planned, made it home to watch the Stones at Glastonbury though!
    Patty pan squash:
    Sunburst (F1) - Johnny's Selected Seeds

Yes, a lively crowd... and I left the head counting to the parents of kids....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Patty pan squash:
    Sunburst (F1) - Johnny's Selected Seeds

Yes, a lively crowd... and I left the head counting to the parents of kids....
    Well I never seen one of they afore, looks lovely, if exotic, I must say, you gets a much better selection of squash round your way!

Good move on the head count.....

Well I never seen one of they afore, looks lovely, if exotic, I must say, you gets a much better selection of squash round your way!

Good move on the head count.....
    Yes, we have many varieties.... the patty pan is one I first tried last year. This year I am going to try kubocha squash....

Had a look on Wiki as it's another new one on me, could only find Kabocha, not sure if it's the same, but the last sentance opened me eyes!!

Kabocha (Japanese カボチャ, 南瓜), Danhobak (Korean 단호박), or Cambodia abóbora: is an Asian variety of winter squash. The word kabocha has come to mean a general type of winter squash to many English-speaking growers and buyers. In some cultures it is revered as an aphrodisiac
    Get um in the ground.....
    Last edited by Dhansakdave; 07-02-2013 at 03:22 AM.

Had a look on Wiki as it's another new one on me, could only find Kabocha, not sure if it's the same, but the last sentance opened me eyes!!

Get um in the ground.....
    daaaaaayng... whoda thunk it! Loooks like I gots me some planting to do!

Half the family crowd headed home today..... somewhat sad.... will miss the granddaughter. Don't get to see her very often. Got a little peace and quite once everyone was out of the house for a while, so there was a small benefit there....

Got the post holes dug for the veggie wash stand I want to build. Have all the decking and joists. Will start on setting the posts and framing the deck tomorrow/later today.

Picked some tomatos today. Most all of the Roma have the blossom end rot.... I sprayed a calcium fertilizer on the plants a couple of days ago. Hope it helps. Picked a couple of red slicing tomatos, and a couple of yellow slicers, and red and gold cherry tomatos....

Meat bird chicks came in on Monday. The seem to be fairing well. No losses so far.... If that holds for the next 8 weeks, I will have a year's worth of chicken in the freezer with a few left over to sell.....

Good day all!

I'm lucky (at times) on the family front, apart from one cousin, who I haven't seen for thirty odd years, most of my family live within about a twenty to thirty minute drive, so I guess it must be tough having them so far away.

If you're going to get a years worth of chook in the coolometer, you either haven't got that many, or you got a sizeable freezer, hopefully the latter?!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Lucky depends on the particular family...
    I live 800miles away from all of mine on purpose!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.