Page 219 of 446 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 4454

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 219

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My family used to be "in BBQ"... you know that Memphis in May thing. We won it.
    There was no brown sugar in the rub. It's completely unnecessary.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    That's another one of my bucket list things, which is to go to one of those BBQ/Chilli cook off things, seen them on TV, and they look the business!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    oh, I don't disagree.... but some "purists" seem to think that unless it has brown sugar in the rub, you can't get the crispy bark on the outside..... I prefer the smoke flavor to the cripy bark......

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    That's another one of my bucket list things, which is to go to one of those BBQ/Chilli cook off things, seen them on TV, and they look the business!
    they do quite a few here in the States..... are they popular in the UK?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    oh, I don't disagree.... but some "purists" seem to think that unless it has brown sugar in the rub, you can't get the crispy bark on the outside..... I prefer the smoke flavor to the cripy bark......
    Pffffffffffffffffffffttttttttt...

Proper smoke and temperature makes the bark.

Sugar is for lazy cheaters who don't know how to cook.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

they do quite a few here in the States..... are they popular in the UK?
    Not really, a festival type thing in Bristol called grillstock has run for the last two years, where they get some US pitmasters over, it's not really a competition though, didn't go this year, as true to form it lashed down with rain all weekend!

Rather do a US one, as to see the real mccoy, so to speak!

Pffffffffffffffffffffttttttttt...

Proper smoke and temperature makes the bark.

Sugar is for lazy cheaters who don't know how to cook.
    That's what I like to hear.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    good morning y'all........gwamma is back in the cave and ready to party.........althou I had a few wines last night and this morning my head is spinning !!!!!!! I have lost my touch !!!!!!!
    anyhoo all this talk of BBQ foods is making me hungry for a good old hearty primal breakfast - praps steak and eggs ????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Busy weekend....worked my azz off! Spent all weekend putting up a fenc around the middle of the pasture where the chickens are. So far this year I have lost nearly 40 birds, mostly to predators. So, I put in a fence. The area I fenced is 100 feet by 200 feet. I had to put in bracing posts on th 4 corners, put in 2 gate posts and insall line posts for the fence. The braces were sunk 2 feet deep and concreted in place. The gate posts are 3 feet deep and concreted. The line posts are T posts and they were hammered in to the ground about a foot. The fencing is woven wire fence and had to be rolled out, stretched and nailed in place to the corner posts and attached to the line posts. Started Friday about 2 PM, finished on Sunday about 10:30 AM..... Lets hope this keeps the coyotes off my birds.....

Will be getting a visit this week from my son that lived in Texas. He will be in town until after the 4th of July holiday. Next weekend, my daughter-in-law that lives in Georgia will be up for a few days as well. My son in North Carolina will be up next weekend too, as will the local kids..... It will be a housefull this week......

Made a yellow squash and zucchini paella yesterday.... all veggies, and it were tasty. Will make another batch when the kids descend on the farm next weekend. Maybe a fish and shrimp paella.......

Good day all!

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    good morning y'all........gwamma is back in the cave and ready to party.........althou I had a few wines last night and this morning my head is spinning !!!!!!! I have lost my touch !!!!!!!
    anyhoo all this talk of BBQ foods is making me hungry for a good old hearty primal breakfast - praps steak and eggs ????????
    Welcome back G, good to be home?!

Busy weekend....worked my azz off! Spent all weekend putting up a fenc around the middle of the pasture where the chickens are. So far this year I have lost nearly 40 birds, mostly to predators. So, I put in a fence. The area I fenced is 100 feet by 200 feet. I had to put in bracing posts on th 4 corners, put in 2 gate posts and insall line posts for the fence. The braces were sunk 2 feet deep and concreted in place. The gate posts are 3 feet deep and concreted. The line posts are T posts and they were hammered in to the ground about a foot. The fencing is woven wire fence and had to be rolled out, stretched and nailed in place to the corner posts and attached to the line posts. Started Friday about 2 PM, finished on Sunday about 10:30 AM..... Lets hope this keeps the coyotes off my birds.....

Will be getting a visit this week from my son that lived in Texas. He will be in town until after the 4th of July holiday. Next weekend, my daughter-in-law that lives in Georgia will be up for a few days as well. My son in North Carolina will be up next weekend too, as will the local kids..... It will be a housefull this week......

Made a yellow squash and zucchini paella yesterday.... all veggies, and it were tasty. Will make another batch when the kids descend on the farm next weekend. Maybe a fish and shrimp paella.......
    Are you still having critter problems, thought you might have given them a buckshot injection by now?

It's hard yakka putting they posts in, especially that amount!

Sounds like you're in for a busy week as well as the weekend?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good day all!

Welcome back G, good to be home?!

Are you still having critter problems, thought you might have given them a buckshot injection by now?

It's hard yakka putting they posts in, especially that amount!

Sounds like you're in for a busy week as well as the weekend?!
    I would love to give the coyotes a buckshot injection..... however, they are an illusive lot. So hopefully I can fence them out and save a few birds that way....