Page 218 of 494 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 4931

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 218

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Amen. Luckily, since I am off for the summer, I have time to ramp things up. However, in the classic catch 22, if I don't start off the summer right, I could end up accomplishing absolutely nothing. It has happened in the past.

I need to write out some summer goals. Being unscheduled is a problem for me. I have plenty of home projects to work on in addition to self improvement.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I think it is the combo that turns me on...I'm a language teacher after all.

I'm not worrying, but I don't want to lose ground.
    Wow!

That's the trouble, it gets lost faster than it gets found, have to admit only had a week off and I'm aching like at the mo!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    That and loss of motivation.... it's kind of like physics.... a body at rest tends to stay at rest...... (not that I rest all that much) but once the "cycle" or routine is broken, it is hard to get back in the groove again..... That could be said for diet as well....
    Sagacious words sir!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Wow!

That's the trouble, it gets lost faster than it gets found, have to admit only had a week off and I'm aching like at the mo!

Sagacious words sir!
    Sage is one of my favorite spices......

I guess that was a kind way of saying I'm an old fart? lol
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 06-20-2013 at 03:47 AM.

Sage is one of my favorite spices......

I guess that was a kind way of saying I'm an old fart? lol
    What's the saying about you're only as old as the woman you feel......

Just bought this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slow-Fire-Ra...1731938&sr=1-8, will probably get the one you got eventually, but I think this might cater for the complete novice like meself, at first!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    In that context...
    Just bought this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slow-Fire-Ra...1731938&sr=1-8, will probably get the one you got eventually, but I think this might cater for the complete novice like meself, at first!
    I was too scared to click the link.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Just bought this Slow Fire: Amazon.co.uk: Ray Lampe: Books, will probably get the one you got eventually, but I think this might cater for the complete novice like meself, at first!
    The first BBQ book I got was written by Paul Kirk.... awesome book..... tons of recipes for meats, rubs, sauces, sides etc.
    Amazon.com: Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue: Barbecue Your Way to Greatness with 575 Lip-Smackin' Recipes from the Baron of Barbecue (9781558322424): Paul Kirk: Books

Had a bit of pork loin roast left over from last week's paella experiment. It needed to be cooked, so I sliced it thin, seasoned it with salt and a mixture of cinnamon, cardamon, black pepper, cumin and grilled it. Had a bit of polish sausage as well.... grilled that too. The end result was a very tasty morsel of pork faty goodness....

The polish sausage was one that I made and I have only ever boiled it, and it's pretty tasty boiled, but it is MUCH better grilled....

So for lunch I had a bit of polilsh sausage, some pork roast and some roasted golden beets. The beets were left-overs.... went to bed with a full belly...

Good day all!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I was too scared to click the link.
    Can't believe an amazonian like yerself would be scared of much?!

The first BBQ book I got was written by Paul Kirk.... awesome book..... tons of recipes for meats, rubs, sauces, sides etc.
    Amazon.com: Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue: Barbecue Your Way to Greatness with 575 Lip-Smackin' Recipes from the Baron of Barbecue (9781558322424): Paul Kirk: Books
    Sod the expense, just ordered he an' all, looks a beauty!

Looks like a porklicious day!

Good day all!

Can't believe an amazonian like yerself would be scared of much?!

Sod the expense, just ordered he an' all, looks a beauty!

Looks like a porklicious day!
    yes, it is an awesome book....... Many of his rubs have a brown sugar base, and the sauces as well, but it wouldn't be all that hard to make them "primal". Leave out the sugar and use the spices. OK, so you don't get the carmelized crust.... the smoke flavor covers the sugar anyway.....

Haven't really got a sweet tooth, so omitting the sugar ain't really a drama, (lucky in that respect), so I think you're right on getting them primal.

Spicy on the other hand.......I used to get through tons of Dave Insanity sauce/chilli flakes, Blairs death products, I've still got a chilli cupboard in me kitchen, mostly variant forms of 'Dr Burnorium's Phsyco juice', some other trophy sauces, dried chillies and stuff!