Page 214 of 545 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 5445

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 214

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Wow, that looks awesome! Saffron, however, is expensive as hell.
    you telling me..... I bought a bottle today. The tube the saffron was in is about the diameter of my little finger and about 3" long... $18.... I won't use it often, thats for sure! Only used 1/8th of a teaspoon to color the dish.... potent stuff!

Weekend was a good one. Saturday morning was spent mowing the pasture, and the afternoon was spent mostly working wood. I am converting a crib I built for my granddaughter in to a twin sized bed. Hope to have it finished by the end of the week. I did harvest a bunch of turnips.... nearly 60 lbs worth..... If you need turnips, I'm your guy! Cucumbers are starting to come in. Harvested agout 5 lbs worth, with more on the way.... some of the plants haven't started producing flowers yet, so it will be a big year for cukes..... Tomato plants are loaded with fruit.. none ripe yet, but there are a boatload of 'maters on the vine. Yellow squash are taking off too.... I won't go hungry this summer, thats for certain.....

Got in a 9 mile run on Sunday. Temps started out in the mid 70's, were in the low 80's by the time I was done. Legs recovered fairly quickly.

Overall, not a bad weekend.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Geeez old man...
    And here I was feeling really good about accomplishing an unexpected 10k back woods hike on Friday, and you go running 9miles and making me look all shabby.
    You suck.

My CSA produce is lovely here... but the weird FL seasons are making themselves known already, potatoes and butternut squash were in the bag last week along with tomatoes, cucs, green beans, onions, mangoes, and peaches.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Geeez old man...
    And here I was feeling really good about accomplishing an unexpected 10k back woods hike on Friday, and you go running 9miles and making me look all shabby.
    You suck.

My CSA produce is lovely here... but the weird FL seasons are making themselves known already, potatoes and butternut squash were in the bag last week along with tomatoes, cucs, green beans, onions, mangoes, and peaches.
    You should feel good about a 10K backwoods hike..... How can I make you look shabby? I didn't dress you! I suck, huh? lol.... All of the smart ass replies I can think of are nasty and not fit for a pubic forum..... oops... public forum

I will be planting butternut, acorn, delicata and kubocha squash here very shortly....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Good day all!

Geez Doc, you could feed a small town with all that lot, fair play!

Cori, 10K bist better than 0K, and I can't believe you'd be shabby, unless cheeky juice is involved?!

Regarding the saffron, was on holiday in Egypt a few years ago, popped in a spice shop on the off chance and they had a couldron sized pot of saffron, and cheap wasn't the word for it, so I ended up buying something like half a kilo for about £3, bit of a way to go to get it though!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good day all!

Geez Doc, you could feed a small town with all that lot, fair play!

Cori, 10K bist better than 0K, and I can't believe you'd be shabby, unless cheeky juice is involved?!

Regarding the saffron, was on holiday in Egypt a few years ago, popped in a spice shop on the off chance and they had a couldron sized pot of saffron, and cheap wasn't the word for it, so I ended up buying something like half a kilo for about £3, bit of a way to go to get it though!
    Damn! half a kilo would last a lifetime! and a fantabulous price to boot!

Methinks Cori could be cheeky, juice or no....

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    One of my ex's... a Brit, seemed to think I was very cheeky... at least he was always saying so.

And as to my 10k hike...
    I had just gotten used to being very proud of myself for my regular 5ks several days a week without significant problems cropping up.

A year ago I couldn't reliably make it two blocks on any given day, and even 6 months ago a mile was troublesome.
    My brain troubles are getting under better control all the time.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Damn! half a kilo would last a lifetime! and a fantabulous price to boot!

Methinks Cori could be cheeky, juice or no....
    I ended up giving most of it away, cuz there was loads of it and I'd never have got through it all, it was a bargain though.

And I concurs!

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    One of my ex's... a Brit, seemed to think I was very cheeky... at least he was always saying so.

And as to my 10k hike...
    I had just gotten used to being very proud of myself for my regular 5ks several days a week without significant problems cropping up.

A year ago I couldn't reliably make it two blocks on any given day, and even 6 months ago a mile was troublesome.
    My brain troubles are getting under better control all the time.
    Would that be a fair judge of character?!

And onwards and upwards, good on ya!

Good day all!

Hey Doc, me smoker turned up yesterday, not as big as I thought when looking at it on line, thankful really as it's still plenty big enough, assembled it last night, just got to season it now and bingo!

And lets just say, there bist an art to stuffing snags, as me first attempt was less than triumphant, the second was a bit better, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good day all!

Hey Doc, me smoker turned up yesterday, not as big as I thought when looking at it on line, thankful really as it's still plenty big enough, assembled it last night, just got to season it now and bingo!

And lets just say, there bist an art to stuffing snags, as me first attempt was less than triumphant, the second was a bit better, but.....
    Good luck on the seasoning of the smoker.... they work pretty well. Be careful how big of a shank you make of the sausage... the longer it is the closer to the fire, which will cook it instead of smoke it...
    Yes stuffing sausage can get a bit tricky.... and messy too....