Page 210 of 565 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 5646

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 210

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Ah... cookbooks are my weakness too. For Garden to kitchen cooking this book is da bomb. Her Cook's companion is also very good.
    wow... those look good to!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Of course, this is the bible. But his River Cottage Cookbook is also excellent.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Of course, this is the bible. But his River Cottage Cookbook is also excellent.
    ok... now i drool....

His River Cottage Year is not so good, but the RC Everyday is servicable and useful, not sure about the other books in his series. I also rate...anything by Tessa Kiros (I have her Greek and Portuguese books), Elizabeth David (old school, but great once you know what you're doing and beautifully written). Moro by Sam and Sam Clarke and, if you're pushing the boat out in terms of fiddlyness, anything by Ottolenghi. Thomasina Meirs' Mexican Food is good for beginners (I am one in that cuisine).
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

His River Cottage Year is not so good, but the RC Everyday is servicable and useful, not sure about the other books in his series. I also rate...anything by Tessa Kiros (I have her Greek and Portuguese books), Elizabeth David (old school, but great once you know what you're doing and beautifully written). Moro by Sam and Sam Clarke and, if you're pushing the boat out in terms of fiddlyness, anything by Ottolenghi. Thomasina Meirs' Mexican Food is good for beginners (I am one in that cuisine).
    The Moro book looks interesting.... AND it has a positive review by Nigella Lawson......

My yougest spent some time in Morroco.... and raves about the food there...

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    The Moro book looks interesting.... AND it has a positive review by Nigella Lawson.....
    Since you mention the sainted saucepot, her How To Eat is excellent, written before she became a on-the-telly parody of herself. She's always had a slightly sweeter palate than I prefer and that book has its share of flour-filled recipes, but it's another good basic book and she writes very well on the differences between home and cheffy cooking.

Since you mention the sainted saucepot, her How To Eat is excellent, written before she became a on-the-telly parody of herself. She's always had a slightly sweeter palate than I prefer and that book has its share of flour-filled recipes, but it's another good basic book and she writes very well on the differences between home and cheffy cooking.
    I just like to watch her...... have no idea how she tastes... uhh I mean how her food tatstess...

The Prophets of Smoked Meat: A Journey Through Texas Barbecue by Daniel Vaughn | NOOK Book (eBook), Hardcover | Barnes & Noble

This looks good too! Being a barbecue kinda guy, and fro Texas originally, this looks interesting to me...

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Just bought three more titles yesterday - got them a deep discount at a discount/overstock chain here. Smiiiiiiiley!

Martha Stewart, "Pies and Tarts"
    Deborah Madison, "Seasonal Fruit Desserts"
    Molly O'Neill, "One Big Table"

I ADORE cookbooks!!!!!!!!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Busy day today... Grandson gradjeated from pre-school today, and I took off from work early to attend the festivities. It was alot of fun to watch. There was a wide range of reactions from the kids on stage.... some were VERY animated, others almost seemed terrified. Anyway, it was cute and short.

I ordered some beef and pork from a local abbatoir and I was able to pick up meat after the festivities...... go meat! Steaks, roasts, ground beef, pork chops and pork roasts. Freezer is about half full. The other half gets filled in early September when the chickens are processed. Meat bird chicks will be here in about 3 weeks.. and 8 weeks later, it's freezer time for the birds.
    On the way to pick up the meat, I stopped in at Barnes and Nobles. Picked up a copy of Jill Norman's "Herbs and Spices, the Cooks Reference". Wow, a whole crap-ton of information there!

So, food for tomorrow, I have a couple of boneless skinless chicken thighs that I am going to cook using the Morrocan chicken recipe in the Primal Blueprint cookbook..... and I have a couple of ribeye steaks thawing to grill. On friday, I have some sausage thawing, and will thaw a few more chicken thighs to try in a paella. Am feeling the need to bust out the new paella pan....

When I ordered the paella cookbook, I also ordered a tapas cookbook by the same author. I read through it over the last 2 days or so, and I am amazed at the recipes. Many of them are already "primal" with no real modifications needed. Some of them use breadcrumbs or pastry, but that should be easy to modify with a gluten free flour mix. I see some kitchen experimenting in the near future!