Page 209 of 565 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 5647

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 209

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That rutabaga idea is a doozy, as I like rutabaga. I have been eating too many spuds lately - they are still a house staple for everybody else in this house, and too easy to eat.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    That rutabaga idea is a doozy, as I like rutabaga. I have been eating too many spuds lately - they are still a house staple for everybody else in this house, and too easy to eat.
    I'm learning to like them... have never really eaten them, so any experience with them is a new one...

Woo hoo The paella book came in today....... I have read through it, and will go back and flag soe of the recipes that sound interesting to me..... and there are a bunch! There are some simple desserts and tapas as well. Next I take a look at the tapas cookbook. I will have to make a trip to the store and find the right rice and some spices for the pallea. Oh heck, I might turn in to a foodie if this keeps up!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    For goodness sakes... just don't turn into one of those rigid types that MEASURES things according to recipes all the time.

Throw things at it until it's brilliant!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    For goodness sakes... just don't turn into one of those rigid types that MEASURES things according to recipes all the time.

Throw things at it until it's brilliant!
    I usually use a recipe until I learn the technique, or get the hang of the ingredient mix, then I start playing with the proportions and ingredients etc..... I'm not that rigid.....

I'm a little more interpretive... I tend to view recipes as inspiration/suggestions and go from there.

But I've been cooking since I was like 9.
    Every once in a while I have a thing that I go... "well, wouldn't repeat that", but never anything less, and the vast majority are highly successful.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm a little more interpretive... I tend to view recipes as inspiration/suggestions and go from there.

But I've been cooking since I was like 9.
    Every once in a while I have a thing that I go... "well, wouldn't repeat that", but never anything less, and the vast majority are highly successful.
    I cook, but I have never really been all that creative in the kitchen. My wife says I'm a good cook, and the things that I DO cook, I do pretty well. I probably should branch out and explore the spice rack more often.... I have never really done alot of experimenting in the kitchen..... that probably needs to change, since I am growing a crap ton of good veggies..

My suggestion for learning how to wing it in your spice cabinet and herb garden...
    Herbs & Spices: The Cook's Reference: Jill Norman: 9780789489395: Amazon.com: Books
    Or...
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Encycloped...ref=pd_sim_b_5

I had lots of basics growing up... but I had to learn the fancy non-southern stuff somewhere before the food channel existed.
    I had an old library sale cast off that was a different book with no fancy pictures and just a lot of text. But it was to the same purpose, learn all the wonderful things of the world!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

My suggestion for learning how to wing it in your spice cabinet and herb garden...
    Herbs & Spices: The Cook's Reference: Jill Norman: 9780789489395: Amazon.com: Books
    Or...
    Amazon.com: The Encyclopedia of Herbs, Spices, & Flavorings (9781564580658): Elisabeth Lambert Ortiz: Books

I had lots of basics growing up... but I had to learn the fancy non-southern stuff somewhere before the food channel existed.
    I had an old library sale cast off that was a different book with no fancy pictures and just a lot of text. But it was to the same purpose, learn all the wonderful things of the world!
    Thanks for the tip on the books..... They look great! Since I am a book-ho, so my wife says, I will have to add them to my collection.....

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ah... cookbooks are my weakness too. For Garden to kitchen cooking this book is da bomb. Her Cook's companion is also very good.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.