Page 208 of 584 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 5837

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 208

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Sigh, I have never liked oysters...

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Rock salt. Slurp, swallow. Enter heaven through pearly gates.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Nor me!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    On that analogy, I'm glad I don't.......

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    (Sorry in advance, doc)

I'll gladly slurp and swallow salty things, but oysters would not be my first choice of heavenly appetizers.

(Now this well mannered HS teacher will head off to school to warp some young minds.)

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    (Sorry in advance, doc)

I'll gladly slurp and swallow salty things, but oysters would not be my first choice of heavenly appetizers.

(Now this well mannered HS teacher will head off to school to warp some young minds.)
    lol... I have a feeling your students could probably teach you a thing or two about slurping and swallowing... so I doubts you will do much warping..

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    lol... I have a feeling your students could probably teach you a thing or two about slurping and swallowing... so I doubts you will do much warping..
    Wowzer, you are right about that one! I use my SIL, and by extension her three public-school kids, to keep me informed about the latest harmful and/or illegal and/or completely inappropriate fad. There are a lot. Unfortunately.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Good day all!

Instead of the old ones on 'ere?!

Doc, silly question, but what type of sausage casings would you recommend, or is it a bit of a trial and error job?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good day all!

Instead of the old ones on 'ere?!

Doc, silly question, but what type of sausage casings would you recommend, or is it a bit of a trial and error job?
    Depends on what you prefer. I normally use natural casing, but it is a little more difficult to work with. I prefer it to the collagen casing. The size of the casing also depends on what kind of sausage you are making. Since I don't make bologna (though I have been told I am full of it) I don't use the really large casings. I usually use the 32-35mm casing.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Depends on what you prefer. I normally use natural casing, but it is a little more difficult to work with. I prefer it to the collagen casing. The size of the casing also depends on what kind of sausage you are making. Since I don't make bologna (though I have been told I am full of it) I don't use the really large casings. I usually use the 32-35mm casing.
    Cheers, I'd much rather use a natural casing, even if it is a bit harder, the collagen ones don't seem right to me!

Will probably get an assortment of skins when me snag maker turns up and have a play, even if a few skins get trashed in the learning process, it'll be worth it, thinking about it, me local butcher might be worth asking to see if he does them!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Weekend was prety good. Got alot of work done. The 5 yr old grandson came out Friday night for an overnight stay. On Saturday, I took him out on the tractor and let him drive a bit, sitting in my lap while we cut the grass. He had a blast. the wife made some gluten free cookies, one is a coconut and rasin the other was a fudge cookie. Both were pretty good. Made a peach smoothie for the grandson and his cousin. It was pretty good, but not something I will do alot of.... waaaaay too much sugar in the orange juice and the peaches and cranberry sauce...... A nice refreshing treat....
    I harvested some red beets, and the wife oven roasted them.... pretty tasty. I pulled some golden beets and she roasted them on Sunday.... oh how frikin yummy! They have the same "beet" flavor of a red beet, but they are sweet. I can eat those... and I think I need to plant some more of them!
    I also took some rutabaga, peeled them, sliced them thin and fried them in some olive oil. They worked pretty well for a potato substitue for breakfast on Saturday.
    Harvested my first zucchini this weekend too! And a bok choy that is bigger around than my head.... as well as the first of the Napa cabbage. Looks like the stir-fry season is here!

Sunday was a 6 mile run. It was humid and fairly hot, so I didn't go as far as I usually do. The humidity just sucks the life right out of ya...

This week is gonna be a busy one. I have to make a trip in to town to get some maple so I can make a footboard for a bed for my granddaughter. I made a crib for her and I have a set of plans that convert the crib to a daybed, then in to a twin sized bed. So, I need to get that project done, since they will be here to pick up the bed in a couple of weeks. I also want to make a maple cutting board for my daughter for her birthday. Grandson graduates from pre-school this week too. Add to that my normal egg deliveries, garden stuff... this is gonna be a fast and busy week! Tiz OK.. keeps me off the streets and outta the bars, which keeps me outta trouble with the missuz!