Page 207 of 554 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 5535

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 207

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Twibble, how did you fall into German and not Spanish or something them-like??
    In our high school, if you were smart and took Spanish you either let people copy or had your homework stolen. So I took French for 3 years while trying to teach myself Latin on the side. Our French teacher spent more time talking about dead saints than teaching French, so I took German my senior year. In college, I would have had to start at the beginning in French, so I decided to heck with it. Russian fit in my schedule, so I took German and Russian.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Wow - rough Spanish class. I did Spanish all the way through - some kind of rebellion against the German mama, I think. Our French class went to France every year, senior year students, IIRC, and since my parents were on the government dole, there is no way I could have raised the money to go, as I had more than a full course load and worked on the side just to buy my own school clothes - nothing extra left - and I absolutely was not going to take a class where all the "rich" kids got to go and I couldn't because of money issues.

I went to Paris a few years later on my own, hah!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Ifyoucanreadthisword - you can read those awfully long words in German. Because they are just a short string of smaller words and prefixes/suffixes without the spaces. Same phonetic pronunciation applies as if the monster word had spaces betwixt the pieces, just a little different breathing, as in you should be able to get the whole thing out in one breath.

But never mind me, Dave. I am of the set-in-stone opinion that every person on the planet should be fluent in a foreign language (barring certain kinds of brain damage and the like which makes it impossible, you know). It matters not which. All languages are valid.
    Ahh, so that's how it works, I'll get German for dummies or something like that and give a dash to start with, (another language book, oh well)! I used to work on machines that were Austrian built and we had to use their schematics/drawings, being quite similar the words were huge, but were probably just being discriptive of the actual part!

I agree, the lack of people over here who can speak a second language is shocking, me included, but at least I've tried, hope it can work this time!
    I know quite a lot of French worms, so I can get by over there, it's just the getting them in the right order/tense bit! As I mentioned before, my brother just got to be somewhere for half an hour and he's talking like a native, bastard!

It seems there more proactive on 2nd lingos over your way?

On a tangent, Doc, just ordered me a mincer/sausage maker, planning to order the smoker next week, hopefully be up and running anon!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Good for you! I'm sure you will get lots of use of it. There are lots of sausage recipes to try... you should never get bored!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    no one ever gets bored of sausage...

(sorry)
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post

(sorry)
    no need to be.... there is so much variety in sausage... spicy, not spicy, cased, not cased, raw, ethnic, big, small

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    no need to be.... there is so much variety in sausage... spicy, not spicy, cased, not cased, raw, ethnic, big, small
    I like big (broad and long) and spicy, but also love well herbed. Cased for preference. (Uncased is unnatural.) Raw, smoked, dried or fried. I prefer lubricated - fatty, essentially. Ethnic is code for 'other' since all sausages are someone's idea of ethnic, in which case I say YES.

But I also love oysters...
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Good for you! I'm sure you will get lots of use of it. There are lots of sausage recipes to try... you should never get bored!
    I hope not, can't wait to get started!

(sorry)
    I'm taking the 5th there!

I like big (broad and long) and spicy, but also love well herbed. Cased for preference. (Uncased is unnatural.) Raw, smoked, dried or fried. I prefer lubricated - fatty, essentially. Ethnic is code for 'other' since all sausages are someone's idea of ethnic, in which case I say YES.

But I also love oysters...
    Oh, I sees what you mean......I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    I hope not, can't wait to get started!

I'm taking the 5th there!

Oh, I sees what you mean......I think!
    I think the oysters are meant to compliment the sausage..... as make the experience more enjoyable... as opposed to saying Nice sausage ya got there type of compliment....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think the oysters are meant to compliment the sausage..... as make the experience more enjoyable... as opposed to saying Nice sausage ya got there type of compliment....
    Oysters and sausage. That's quite some party. Excellent. On that note I'm off to bed for the night.