Page 206 of 565 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 5647

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 206

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Always wanted to learn Spanish, as it's spoken in so many places, got no aptitude for languages though, not including school I tried learning French (twice) as I go there now and again and for some very bizarre reason Russian, could never get on with them!
    Toi nee puhneemayesh? (I can spell it correctly in Cyrillic...)
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Good day all!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hey DDave - re languages: learn German. Those folks absolutely LIVE for and by rules, and their language reflects this in structure; the vocabuary is also highly literal. Your math-spacial-analytical brain should have a good time with it. You would also have a very fine time sampling your way through all the brewskis that country offers, all in the name of cultural immersion, of course... And after a couple of bock beers, making those guttural sounds will come much easier!
    Thanks, never thought of German, always thought they just tried getting the most letters into one word, it would probably suit my mentality (no comments, please) though?!

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Toi nee puhneemayesh? (I can spell it correctly in Cyrillic...)
    Fair play, to quote Gabby Johnson, that's pure frontier gibberish to me! One takes it that is phonetic?

canio6 Guest
    Fair play, to quote Gabby Johnson, that's pure frontier gibberish to me! One takes it that is phonetic?
    I'm glad these beautiful children were here to hear that today. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, but it showed a spirit seldom seen in this age....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I'm glad these beautiful children were here to hear that today. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, but it showed a spirit seldom seen in this age....
    Well said sir!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Dang... we busting out some Game of Thrones speech in here!

Good day all!

Thanks, never thought of German, always thought they just tried getting the most letters into one word, it would probably suit my mentality (no comments, please) though?!

German is straight up phonetic for the most part. The things that get me are the cases and rechtschreibreform where they changed some of the spelling rules.

Yes, that was phonetic Russian.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Ifyoucanreadthisword - you can read those awfully long words in German. Because they are just a short string of smaller words and prefixes/suffixes without the spaces. Same phonetic pronunciation applies as if the monster word had spaces betwixt the pieces, just a little different breathing, as in you should be able to get the whole thing out in one breath.

But never mind me, Dave. I am of the set-in-stone opinion that every person on the planet should be fluent in a foreign language (barring certain kinds of brain damage and the like which makes it impossible, you know). It matters not which. All languages are valid.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    German is straight up phonetic for the most part. The things that get me are the cases and rechtschreibreform where they changed some of the spelling rules.
    I have my issues remembering the articles der/die/das correctly, among other things. I ignore the spelling reform. But then I get to, as I am the token non-German when I go to visit my family, and they all assume I just haven't been informed yet - which would be halfway true. I will never give up the !
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I have my issues remembering the articles der/die/das correctly, among other things. I ignore the spelling reform. But then I get to, as I am the token non-German when I go to visit my family, and they all assume I just haven't been informed yet - which would be halfway true. I will never give up the !
    Right. I can generally remember gender once I learn it, but when they change to dem, den, and diesen, I get confused.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Twibble, how did you fall into German and not Spanish or something them-like??