Page 2 of 578 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 2

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Monday.... Circuit training day. Finished 3 sets of 25 squats, 20 push ups, 20 body rows and 20 sit ups. I increased the number of squats and sit ups this week, and will increase push ups and body rows next week. My goal is 3 sets of 50 each....

Diet: B: Almond meal breaded cube steak (left overs)

S: 1/2 cup greek yogurt w/ 2 tsp strawberry preserves

L: Almond meal breaded cube steak

D: I cut up a chunk of bacon into cubes, fried it in a wok the added 1 patty pan, 1 yellow squash and 1 zucchini. Sauteed for a few minutes, and enjoyed.... man the saltyness of the bacon goes increadibly well with the veggies. I have never really been one to like squash, but I enjoy it now that I can freely cook it in bacon fat!

I picked up a sheet pan that had a cooling rack in it so I could bake some bacon. I cut up about 1/2 lb in to 1/8" thick slices and baked it at 400 degrees for about 13 minutes. Damn, I love bacon!!! and all the fat drained off and it was a cinch to pour the fat in to a coffee mug to save for later.

Got on the scale this AM, wt 247 lb. Down another 2 lbs. I am almost 1/2 way to my goal of 200 lb. So far I have lost 33 lbs.

Tuesday.... jog day. Going for a new distance of 5 miles today.... after work, that is.

Diet: B: 2 bacon cheeseburger patties, with a side order of disgusted... f'n Romo!

S: 1/2 cup greek yogurt w/ 2 tsp strawberry preserves.... good thing I have a crap ton of strawberry preserves!

L: The last of the cube steak and left over squash and bacon saute

D: I may fast this one... I need to thaw something out (note to self.... DO NOT THAW OUT CUBE STEAK!) maybe a chicken. I haven't roasted a chicken in a while.... hmmmmmm

Tuesday's jog was a disappointment. Humidity was high and my motivation was not. I got about half way through the jog and my willpower to finish the run evaporated faster than the sweat on my brow.... so I walked most of the rest of the way. I completed the 5 miles in a jog/walk, so it wasn't a total loss.

Today is supposed to be rest day, but i will probably do my circuit today since I have plans that will be in conflict with my schdule for tomorrow. So Circuit today- 3 sets of 25 squats, 20 push ups, 20 body rows and 25 sit ups. Rest tomorrow.

Diet: B: 3 scrambled eggs with 2 sausage patties

S: 1/2 cup yogurt w/ strawberry preserves

L: tuna salad

D: Baked chicken w/ BAS

Thursday, Did my rest, schedule enforced. Kinda hard to do training at a hospital waiting room. Wife had shoulder surgery, so there was no way to do any exercise of any kind. Great day to get some reading done!

Diet: B: 2 boiled eggs, 1 sausage patty and a container of greek yogurt at the hospital caffeteria. Ohhhh yum!

L: BAS with diced leftover baked chicken.

D: 3 scrambled eggs and 2 sausage patties.

So it's Friday. Scheduled for a 5 mile jog. Temp is a little cooler and the humidity is down alot. So I should get that done today.

Diet: B Fasted

S: 1/2 cup yogurt w/ strawberry preserves

L: fasted

D: BAS and home made vegetable soup.

Saturday A rest day on the workout schedule, but there is physical labor ahead for me today... get to go finish the "shrubbery" job I started last weekend. Filling the holes created by the ripped up rootballs, putting plants in their place, and putting all of the limbs etc in a dumpster..... Not as hard as last weekend. Have to remove the rootballs, so this will be a "Lift Heavy Things" day it seems.

Finished the 5 mile jog yesterday. That was the goal... get it done, since the first attempt was not so grand. It was more of a mental challenge than a physical one. My legs recovered pretty quickly.

Diet: B: 1/2 cup yogurt w/ strawberry preserves, 3 cheesy scrambled eggs with salsa, 2 pork sausage patties.

L: fasted... was working too hard pulling out shrubbery rootballs that I didn't eat...

D: BAS, meatloaf and LOTS of water to rehydrate from the day's toil....
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 10-08-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Diogenes is offline Member
    Way to go, doc. You're doing great!

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I think you're doing very well!

And, I'd like to see those photos. Past, before, and some progress as you go.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    you are doing a great job...I had to pop in and say I am jealous of the garden and the shed filled with hay and chicken feed which implies chickens which I am also jealous of Keep it all up!
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow... I must say I am shocked! lol... I really appreciate the kind words and support from Diogenes, RaVynn and valmason01!Thanks, I really do appreciate it.

valmason01, yes I have 40 layer currently producing and 40 more that should be producing eggs by Feb/March time frame. I also do meat birds for my freezer, and a few to sell.

RaeVynn, I shall see what I can do about the photos.

Sunday: Well my exercise was "overcome by events" as a former Executive Officer used to say when a scheduled evolution was not completed due to scheduling conflicts etc... but with the work that I performed the day before, I'm not gonna sweat the load over missing a day.

Diet: B: 3 scrambled eggs w/ diced green and red peppers and mushrooms. 1/2 cup yogurt w/ straberry preserves.

S: couple of handfuls of walnuts and mixed dried fruit

L: Daughter made some turkey meatballs and curry w/ green peas that she shared. Very tasty. Gonna have to get the recipe for that one!

D: fasted, since Sunday is a "short day" I usually don't eat dinner on Sunday night. I did put a big ass roast in the oven though.... It was kinda hard to sleep with all the yummy cooking meat smells going on!