Page 191 of 502 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 5019

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 191

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Pebbles i have BBY and Al's new book PTL. I am still reading Al's book when i go to bed. I have made a few changes already based on it. I put a few comments in my journal and was planning on reviewing it from an older woman's pov after a while. The biggest thing i have gotten from Al's book is to really concentrate on full ROM. Do it slowly and properly rather than progressing beyond your comfort zone. It all takes time so to enjoy the journey. These are all, as it happens, things i am into anyways. The main shortfalling of Al's book i reckon is the very short section on programming and lack detailed programmes to follow. BBY gives you a plan, a structure, places to record your progress and so on. the other thing with BBY is it has about 25 odd progressions per set body movement all with equal amounts of pics. Al's i would say a good 70% of the pics are of advanced body weight exercises which could be a bit daunting if you cant do a pushup properly yet.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Seaweed, What is BBY?

I think I will eventually read Al's books but for now I am going to do the Fitness 666 progressions. I have spent so much money of paleo books and exercise stuff in the last few years. lol

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    BBY is body by you by Mark Lauren. He wrote YAYOG and BBY is for women. One thing i do like about BBY and Al's book vs 666 is there is no specific ab exercises in the either BBY and PTL. i have always had a total aversion to doing planks and situps and i always reckon your abs work better as stabilisers. so go up and down hills. do squats and dead lifts and push ups and your abs should take care of themselves. there is also some evidence all those ab exercises are not good for the pelvic floor. one of those little pieces in the puzzle as i was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who has a working prolapse. she's younger than me by a few years and i was saying how i can dead lift or star jump on a full bladder and not leak and we got to discussing the more alternative views on pelvic floor, posture and exercise and mysteriously i have always not done kegels, not tucked my ass under and my tummy in and i have always ran barefoot up hills!

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    9 miles today..... gorgeous sunny day, temps in the low to mid 60's, humidity is MUCH better than it was last weekend.... an enjoyable run.... now out to the garden!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/trace-adki...rlington.jhtml

For all those that we remember on Memorial Day.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    http://www.cmt.com/videos/trace-adki...rlington.jhtml

For all those that we remember on Memorial Day.
    That was cool.
    I'm not much of a country music fan/listener so I had not heard it before... but in my heart I'm a big mushy sucker so it worked.

This fine young man passed on just this past fall... WWII AAC pilot, and my grandaddy.

He's not in Arlington, but the flag folding and Taps tore my heart in two.

/salute
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    That was cool.
    I'm not much of a country music fan/listener so I had not heard it before... but in my heart I'm a big mushy sucker so it worked.

This fine young man passed on just this past fall... WWII AAC pilot, and my grandaddy.

He's not in Arlington, but the flag folding and Taps tore my heart in two.
    I know you are proud of your grandfather. Sorry for your loss.

/salute
    I'm a big Trace adkins fan... The song Arlington came out in 2005, and it brings a tear to my eye just aobut every time I hear it.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    I got me four tats, looking to get another one, but it's quite sizeable, so it's trying to find somewhere to put it, as most of the top of me back is already covered!
    Photos, or you're fibbing, and doing it just to get the girls on here interested and hot...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC