Page 190 of 444 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 4437

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 190

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was reading about the issues with CC as well. Personally, I never plan to do a head stand push up.

I took a look at 666. Looks good. I like that there are six original moves plus plank. I can't imagine that I would need more.

I wonder if the pingback feature will alert Al to this discussion of his body...er program. His current book focuses on three moves. Push-up, Bridge and Pull-Up
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-24-2013 at 10:37 AM.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    OK... a little food pron...

bokchoy.jpg

Some bok choy and a couple of heads of broccoli I harvested today.... along with 3/4 of a 5 gal bucket of snow peas

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    that is some sexy looking produce there.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    OMG... I would founder myself on that many fresh snowpeas.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I was reading about the issues with CC as well. Personally, I never plan to do a head stand push up.

I took a look at 666. Looks good. I like that there are six original moves plus plank. I can't imagine that I would need more.

I wonder if the pingback feature will alert Al to this discussion of his body...er program.
    I'm not sure what folks say is wrong with CC, but then again I haven't researched it. I like it because it is simple. It will give you ALOT of strength, like a gymnast, which I like. I don't wanna look like Arnold... I'm too old for that... but to look like Mark Sisson.... That is do-able. I have too many "irons" in the fire so to speak to spend hours at the gym, and I life within sight of the edge of the world, so a trip to the gym everyday is impractical.... but I can do push ups and squats at the farm.... so I like bodyweight stuff...

Beautiful produce! Up here, I would have to wait until mid summer to get anything like that.

I think that I would miss my gym (the people) a lot, but it seems impractical to keep spending $40/month on a single membership. I will see what I can do on my own with bodyweight stuff and then make the hard decisions this summer.

The only reason I am not considering CC is the $40 book price and the fact that my husband scoffs at the name. (Being a prison RN he has a bit of an attitude about it.)
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-25-2013 at 07:10 AM.

My thoughts on it were... "Well, will I ever really need those fancy/crazy ass upper level progressions?"

Self responding self inside head: "BAhahahhahahahhahah.... No!!! Dragon flags indeed. Silly girl, you don't need a fancy book... if you ever get so good you out do this computer thing you can BUY ALL THE BOOKS~"

Yeah... I talk to myself.
    It's OK. And since I'm alone most of the time, and the dogs aren't good at logical conversation, it works.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Good day all!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I have owned a couple of the Brinkman smokers that burned charcoal, carbon I think is what you call it, and they worked pretty well. You do have to keep an eye on the water level and the charcoal, but other than that it worked pretty well. It was a pain to load either water or charcoal, and the charcoal left alot of ash to deal with....
    I have never used an electric smoker, but I think it would give a more even heat, as the charcoal takes a while to heat up once you load it. If I am not mistaken, the electric model cooks faster too.
    DD, We have the black one (first one) and love it. It looks as if you'd be paying the extra money for enhanced fire access and the waist high grill conversion. We grill just fine on the black one as well.
    Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.

That is some serious bok choy there, sir!

I got me four tats, looking to get another one, but it's quite sizeable, so it's trying to find somewhere to put it, as most of the top of me back is already covered!

Had CC on me amazon whislist for crimbo, but didn't get it, as it's something else I woundn't mind giving a shot! Give it a lash P, as cori said somewhere, you're still winner just for doing something, which is better then doing nothing (or words to that effect)!

DD, you need to start your own journal so we can get a look at those um...tats. Curiosity, you know.

I am starting Fitness 666, as recommended by Cori, tomorrow. Gonna get "jacked" this summer, as my students say.

DD, you need to start your own journal so we can get a look at those um...tats. Curiosity, you know.

I am starting Fitness 666, as recommended by Cori, tomorrow. Gonna get "jacked" this summer, as my students say.
    I do this version...
    Fitness 666: 666 Fat Burner (home workout version)
    But every other day isn't really "cardio" so much as nice loooong walks with mah dog.
    He's a near hundred lb GSD, so he likes to keep the pace up if he can though.

That said... it keeps my body parts sufficiently sore.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche