Page 189 of 529 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 5281

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 189

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    DD, We have the black one (first one) and love it. It looks as if you'd be paying the extra money for enhanced fire access and the waist high grill conversion. We grill just fine on the black one as well.

Have any of you guys or gals followed the Convict Conditioning progression? Or have any experience with Al Kavadlo's books?

I'm thinking of making some serious changes to my work out routine. I want Al Kavadlo's body...um but not (only) in a sexual way, Lol

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Have any of you guys or gals followed the Convict Conditioning progression? Or have any experience with Al Kavadlo's books?

I'm thinking of making some serious changes to my work out routine. I want Al Kavadlo's body...um but not (only) in a sexual way, Lol
    I've been using 666 Fitness because the progressions are simple and it's free online.
    Fitness 666: Bodyweight 666
    It's still a whip azz program as you go through it, and dude is also ripped.
    I have to go at my own pace and modify for my hedz, but such as life... and doing something, is doin something.

And while Al Kavadlo's body also isn't really on my radar sexually...
    I do kinda like his brother for an eye full! Woot! That's what I'm talking about... maybe it's all the ink?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Yeah, I suffer from ink envy as well because my meds make tats a no for me. Since my near death experience in 2010, the urge to get one has grown stronger.
    Thanks for the info...going to oogle Al's brother as well.

Yeah, I suffer from ink envy as well because my meds make tats a no for me. Since my near death experience in 2010, the urge to get one has grown stronger.
    Thanks for the info...going to oogle Al's brother as well.
    If you scroll wayyyy down to the bottom of that 666 Fitness page there are some things he has to say about Convict Conditioning that seem to come from a very intelligent and well thought out place of experience.
    If you wanted to go with a plan other than the 666 Fitness I probably would not recommend CC just based on that, maybe Al's Kavadlo's stuff or BBY/YAYOG instead.

I've read some other peeps that came to the same conclusions that the 666fit guy did about CC as well.
    Heck. I'll copypasta the passage here I guess.

Q:"Hey man, I was wondering what you think is wrong with Convict Conditioning. I used it for a while and I think some things are wrong with it too but I'm really no expert, so I'm wondering what you might have to say about it. Thanks!"
    (*note: I believe there was more than one CC question.)

A: "The suggested reps are weird... he has you working for endurance rather than for strength. I'm not a fan of the bridges (but maybe that's me, some people cope with them well, some don't). Some of the progressions could do with a few extra steps, and finally, some exercises are out of the freaking moon: to my knowledge, nobody has ever been able to do a one arm handstand push up (there have been rumours, but undocumented). Some of the advice is also dubious (i.e. 'packing' the shoulders with pull ups, which is more likely to get you injured than a deadhand). It's ok as a program if you are aware of these limitations, but I would personally totally ignore the suggested reps."

Someone mentioned earlier that the 666Fitness was "inspired by CC" and his response was that it was not, it is inspired by gymnastics progressions.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Al Kavadlo has an amazingly beautiful body and I love tats. I have literally gone on his site and just stared at him for an hour. My 14 yr old saw me doing that once and her response was, "Dear God, he has a better body than Adam Levine." Adam Levine has a damn fine beautiful body.

I have one tat and want more. I'm thinking about seeing if a friend if Clint's would be willing to help me design a few. I also need to see what corporates policy is on exposed tats?
    Georgette

I've got a "back fund" going...
    Yes that means what you think it means.
    From the back of my neck, shoulder to shoulder(small epaulette style), around to my clavicles- about halfway, and to my left hip. Maybe down to Upper left thigh.
    I want ALL the ink.

Most of the right side of my back will be blank though. Meh. Stupid surgical sites.

I currently have 3 separate tatts.
    With the back done 2 will integrate into one big design.
    My forearm tatt will remain alone. But it's style is the same as the others so it fits.
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-24-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Wondering if you could cast your far more experienced eye on this, if you could?

Looking into getting a smoker, as building one ain't really practical, I've had a squint on-line and am thinking about something like this Brinkmann Smoke n Grill - Brinkmann BBQ Food Smokers is the claim about it being the best selling in the US true?

Or maybe this one Brinkmann Gourmet Grill & Smoker - Brinkmann Food Smokers

Even though it costs an extra twenty notes, I'm thinking the 2nd one's better?

What is a bummer is that I had a look on the Brinkmann site and the first one is the same in dollars as it is in sterling, and the second one is even more expensive in relation to the US, and with the exchange rate at around 1.5 to the dollars to the pound.......
    I have owned a couple of the Brinkman smokers that burned charcoal, carbon I think is what you call it, and they worked pretty well. You do have to keep an eye on the water level and the charcoal, but other than that it worked pretty well. It was a pain to load either water or charcoal, and the charcoal left alot of ash to deal with....
    I have never used an electric smoker, but I think it would give a more even heat, as the charcoal takes a while to heat up once you load it. If I am not mistaken, the electric model cooks faster too.

I have Convict Conditioning, and I worked on it for about 6 months.... I saw alot gains in strength and the shape of my forearms changed ALOT. I only did 4 of the 6 exercises, and I started doing it 2 days a week, and eventually went to 3 days. It's a good program, and I will go back to it. I am currently working on You Are YOur Own Gym and will do that for about 3 months then rotate back to Convict conditioning... Personally would love to be able to do a one armed handstand pushup.... for no other reason than to say I can.....

I have wanted to get a celtic knot arm band..... I have 2 tats already, both have very personal meaning, but want a few more....