Page 180 of 502 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 5016

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 180

  1. #1791
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,704
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    We never got a long enough storm without a light show for cleaning up that way. Light show was an automatic "get your ass inside NOW" signal. Out here, we don't get enough storm to do anything. We have enough sand storms to shower a herd of Dothraki, though.
    lol... If I hadn't started reading the first of the Game of Thrones books recently I'd have no clue what a Dothraki was.......

  2. #1792
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    In my emails this morning was an email from MacPac. This part was interesting. I have no intention of running any marathons or running races but the tips here made sense. Could be of use to you Doc
    Vajin's Top 5 Race Tips | Macpac
    Thanks for the tips....

  3. #1793
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    We never got a long enough storm without a light show for cleaning up that way. Light show was an automatic "get your ass inside NOW" signal. Out here, we don't get enough storm to do anything. We have enough sand storms to shower a herd of Dothraki, though.
    yeah... I never claimed to be the brightest crayon in the box.... and its a good thing to!

  4. #1794
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,704
    Tuesday was a speed run in to town to drop off some eggs and get back to the farm. I had a run to do.... Ran 4 miles in 4bazillion percent humidity and about 85 degree temps.... needless to say I was a bit damp when I was done.... Then I did my YAYOG workout from Monday since I blew it off yesterday. Did pushups, let me ups, seated dips and let me ins...... man my lats are sore......

    Wednesday, it's back lunges, 1 legged romanian deadlifts, squats and something else that I can't remember right off the top of me pointed head.... Hopefully they wont kill my legs like they did last week...

  5. #1795
    seaweed's Avatar
    seaweed is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,200
    so i n YAYOG do you do different body parts different days? BBY just does full body every other day.

  6. #1796
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Tuesday was a speed run in to town to drop off some eggs and get back to the farm. I had a run to do.... Ran 4 miles in 4bazillion percent humidity and about 85 degree temps.... needless to say I was a bit damp when I was done.... Then I did my YAYOG workout from Monday since I blew it off yesterday. Did pushups, let me ups, seated dips and let me ins...... man my lats are sore......

    Wednesday, it's back lunges, 1 legged romanian deadlifts, squats and something else that I can't remember right off the top of me pointed head.... Hopefully they wont kill my legs like they did last week...
    Supermans or something like that? Loves RDL's!

    Picked up me Marianski book today, gonna give it a good squint later, happy days!

    Take it you can drink the air at the moment than?!

  7. #1797
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Supermans or something like that? Loves RDL's!

    Picked up me Marianski book today, gonna give it a good squint later, happy days!

    Take it you can drink the air at the moment than?!
    Thanks for the reminder.... Swimmers......

    yes, the air was almost thick enough to drink.... too bad it wasn't cider or ale!

    Enjoy the book.... lots of good info in there!
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 05-22-2013 at 01:53 AM.

  8. #1798
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    so i n YAYOG do you do different body parts different days? BBY just does full body every other day.
    The "beginner" schedule is Day 1 pushups, dips, let me ins and let me ups. Day 2 is Backward lunges, 1 legged Romanian deadlift, squats and swimmers. Day 3 is a repeat of Day 1. Day 4 repeats Day 2. Those are done for 2 weeks using Ladder sets (1st set 1 rep, 2nd set 2 reps up to 12 reps or "Failure" then back down 1 rep per set in a 7.5 minute time frame for each exercise)
    The 3rd & 4th weeks are different exercises using Interval sets... I haven't memorized the rest...

  9. #1799
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    yes, the air was almost thick enough to drink.... too bad it wasn't cider or ale!
    Utopia!!

    Weeks 5 & 6 are supersets, then weeks 7 to 10 are a rotation of ladders, intervals, supersets, tabatas, around push, pull, legs & abs and the every fifth day special of stappers, which is like a metabolic rotation of a push, pull and leg, non-stop for twenty minutes, with minimal rest, which if you go all out is awesome!
    Last edited by Dhansakdave; 05-22-2013 at 02:04 AM. Reason: More info.

  10. #1800
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Utopia!!

    and the every fifth day special of stappers, which is like a metabolic rotation of a push, pull and leg, non-stop for twenty minutes, with minimal rest, which if you go all out is awesome!
    If you say so!.... lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •