Page 179 of 526 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 5260

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 179

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Planted more peppers today.... in the rain....... during a thunderstorm....... Nope, I never claimed to be the brightest crayon in the box.... But it was pretty cool to be out in the rain working in the garden..... something very primal about feeling rain on your skin. More thunderstors on tap for tomorrow..... more garden play time, methinks. I do have to finish the trellis for the tomatos and to put one up for the cucumbers..... yeah..... working in a thunderstorm holdin long metal poles! Wooo hooo!!!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    There were afternoon thunderstorms here in FL today as well... of course.

Husband and I took a jaunt over to Ybor city to pick up coffee, and so I could plant myself face down in a plate of mussels in thai coconut curry sauce.
    The rain came after while were were having our usual walk, so we parked it at our favorite lounge and sat on the stoop smoking a cigar and drinking a mojito as the clouds rolled by spitting and tossing out epithets.
    It was good.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    There were afternoon thunderstorms here in FL today as well... of course.

Husband and I took a jaunt over to Ybor city to pick up coffee, and so I could plant myself face down in a plate of mussels in thai coconut curry sauce.
    The rain came after while were were having our usual walk, so we parked it at our favorite lounge and sat on the stoop smoking a cigar and drinking a mojito as the clouds rolled by spitting and tossing out epithets.
    It was good.
    What kind of ceegar were you smokin? hand or machine rolled?

I snagged a Torano Exodus 1959 '50yr.' Earthy, cocoa, and rich.
    Husband was smokin something else... a PDR small batch Maduro, peppery and intense but really nice.

Both of us have a decided maduro preference.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I snagged a Torano Exodus 1959 '50yr.' Earthy, cocoa, and rich.
    Husband was smokin something else... a PDR small batch Maduro, peppery and intense but really nice.
    I'm not a cigar kinda guy.... so I will take your word for it that they were good...... I have been known to smoke a pipe on occasion, but not in the last 2 or 3 years.... My youngest got me a really nice "Hobbit" pipe when I started smoking.... I think I have used it 2 or 3 times....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Mornin' doc. I am up early this a.m., killing time with my Third. She came down a few min ago with a bloody nose and also a (TMI Alert) pad full of you-know-what as it is THAT time of the month for her...poor thing - blood on her face, blood on her hands, blood... Zombie attack at Crabbcakes Manor! Now we are all cleaned up and watching Netflix cartoons streaming to set her world aright. (She used to faint at the sight of a scraped knee, much less this, so I think we are making good progress.)

Re working in the rain - I like it, too. Have you ever just grabbed a bar of soap and washed up afterwards that way? (Seriously). We have a broken gutter downspout on one corner of the garage, and it works really well for a deluge-style rinse.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Mornin' doc. I am up early this a.m., killing time with my Third. She came down a few min ago with a bloody nose and also a (TMI Alert) pad full of you-know-what as it is THAT time of the month for her...poor thing - blood on her face, blood on her hands, blood... Zombie attack at Crabbcakes Manor! Now we are all cleaned up and watching Netflix cartoons streaming to set her world aright. (She used to faint at the sight of a scraped knee, much less this, so I think we are making good progress.)

Re working in the rain - I like it, too. Have you ever just grabbed a bar of soap and washed up afterwards that way? (Seriously). We have a broken gutter downspout on one corner of the garage, and it works really well for a deluge-style rinse.
    no I haven't..... but i was climbing up on an aluminium extension ladder to clean gutter downspouts yesterday..... kinda related.... in an odd sort of way....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    In my emails this morning was an email from MacPac. This part was interesting. I have no intention of running any marathons or running races but the tips here made sense. Could be of use to you Doc
    Vajin's Top 5 Race Tips | Macpac

I regards to washing up under the eaves in the rain... my brother and I used to do so all the time as kids.
    Nekkid of course since we were raised heathens.
    (I was allowed to frolic nekkid a lot as a child, rain or no... heathens I tell you! )
    And then he got struck by a flash of lightening doing so once just after I had gotten inside the door.
    It didn't hurt him too bad, just knocked him out for a min.
    He got flashed again a few years later doing something else... I got to see him lifted off his feet and thrown back that time. Wee!

Washing up out in it is fine in the rain, not the best idea if there is thunder bumpers.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    We never got a long enough storm without a light show for cleaning up that way. Light show was an automatic "get your ass inside NOW" signal. Out here, we don't get enough storm to do anything. We have enough sand storms to shower a herd of Dothraki, though.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome