Page 176 of 565 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 5646

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 176

  1. #1751
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,952
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    No more eye patch as of today.
    I'm not a pirate anymore. *sigh*
    Hope the eye is better..... Arrrrrgh

  2. #1752
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,952
    Today, I worked in the garden and I harvested some spinach, salad greens, kale and lettuce. I recently procured an industrial salad spinner and it came in yesterday. Bigass 5 gallon salad spinner.... it holds a crapton of greens, and spins them dry pretty quickly. It was a lot of fun to use..... AND it's a manual spin model with a crank handle on the top to spin the basket... so exercise while I clean greens! Sweet! lol

    Looks like there are some peas that are ready to be harvested too.... so I know what I am doing tomorrow... picking peas!

  3. #1753
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    2,135
    Good day all!

    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    watching ice hockey' what a crazy game!!!!!! I don,t think that the zimmer frame would be very welcome on the ice rink!!!!
    Hope you're having a good one! You could use it as a weapon, they carries one!!

    Oh and Doc, got that book on makin' bacon and stuff, thing is, its for industrial type amounts of production, like using 20 gallons of water and 14 pounds of salt as a brine, is your's the same and you used some basic arithmatic to lower the ratios, or is if for the making of sensible amounts? Liking the salad dryer.

  4. #1754
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good day all!



    Hope you're having a good one! You could use it as a weapon, they carries one!!

    Oh and Doc, got that book on makin' bacon and stuff, thing is, its for industrial type amounts of production, like using 20 gallons of water and 14 pounds of salt as a brine, is your's the same and you used some basic arithmatic to lower the ratios, or is if for the making of sensible amounts? Liking the salad dryer.
    The Marianski book gives you recipes that you can use per pound of pork belly, so it is scaled for the "single" level of production.... He talks about doing brines, injection method, dry rub, salt boxes... pretty much cover the whole spectrum of processing methods.

    20 gallons of water is a big assed tub!!!

  5. #1755
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    20 gallons of water is a big assed tub!!!
    Tell me about it, need a sizeable curing room an' all!

    The Marianski book is now on order!

    Liking the salad dryer!

    Cheers

  6. #1756
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Tell me about it, need a sizeable curing room an' all!

    The Marianski book is now on order!

    Liking the salad dryer!

    Cheers
    Thanks about the dryer.... will probably get a better workout turning that thing than by doing pint curls of my favorite libation!

    The Marianski book is a great reference. I'm a book hound (my wife uses a different word... one that rhymes with roar) so I like big volumes.. hmm that sees to be true in other areas as well.... funny thing, that...

  7. #1757
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,285
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I'm a book hound (my wife uses a different word... one that rhymes with roar) so I like big volumes.. hmm that sees to be true in other areas as well.... funny thing, that...
    I once got laughed at by the staff in Waterstones for requesting a certain imprint of a book 'because I'm a spine snob'. I would have thought a book shop was a SAFE SPACE for spine snobs.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

  8. #1758
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    2,135
    Plan on doing the libation workout tomorrow meself!!

    I thinks you got a salacious mind squire, liking it, liking it a lot!!

  9. #1759
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    I thinks you got a salacious mind squire, liking it, liking it a lot!!
    I had to look that word up..... (I never claimed to be an edjimicated chap....) but you see to have the right of it... lol

  10. #1760
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,952
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I once got laughed at by the staff in Waterstones for requesting a certain imprint of a book 'because I'm a spine snob'. I would have thought a book shop was a SAFE SPACE for spine snobs.
    One would think so.... yes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •