Page 173 of 526 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 5260

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 173

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    lol...G....

It's been a long 2 days.... holymoly...

Yesterday was exceptionally busy.... got home from work, fed and watered birds, collected eggs, then went for a 3 mile run. Finished the run (distance was @ 5k in under 33 minutes), ran through the shower, got dressed in a suit for a function at wifeys job, delivered eggs on the way then I sat in an auditorium for nearly 4 hours listening to nurses read write-ups for Nursing Excellence Awards... Wifey gave out the first 2, and recieved the last one given (which explains my presence)... Got home, collected eggs and got to bed about 3 hours later than I usually do..... got up 5 hours later, and went to work... just got home, fed and watered the birds, and did my first set of You are Your Own Gym exercises.... OMG... that guy is a sadistic f***k...

Today it was Alternating Back Lunges (29 reps); Alternating Romanian Deadlifts (19 reps); Squats (65 reps); Swimmers (43 reps)..... each exercise is a 7 1/2 minute session.... beat the snot out of my legs! Hammies are NOT happy!!!

Wifey made stir fry for dinner last night (my breakfast) and I had some for lunch..... I will probably have a spinach, chicken and Swiss chard quicky for lunch (my dinner)... Need to make a salad before bed today, so off to the kitchen and don my apron to play the part of Sam the homemaker.... (as opposed to Sam the home wrecker!) TTFN

Sugarbare88 is offline Member
    So let me get this straight, you do all of the above, barely sleep and still have the presence of mind to blog about it?! I salute you sir as the manliest of man!
    BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbare88 View Post
    So let me get this straight, you do all of the above, barely sleep and still have the presence of mind to blog about it?! I salute you sir as the manliest of man!
    lol... you give me far to much credit sir....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    you have been a busy boy doc! i myself do wonder about the sadistic nature of the YAYOG dude too. there is definitely some issues there LOL

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    you have been a busy boy doc! i myself do wonder about the sadistic nature of the YAYOG dude too. there is definitely some issues there LOL
    Yes, I think it has something to do with his Special Operations Forces background....... those guys LIKE pain (or so it appears)

i think we've already discussed how some of us like pain too LOL and no pain, no gain. faut souffrir pour etre belle.

have you thought about doing BBY doc? seein as you have the book n all.

i think we've already discussed how some of us like pain too LOL and no pain, no gain. faut souffrir pour etre belle.

have you thought about doing BBY doc? seein as you have the book n all.
    BBY is for girls..... <eye roll>.... I looked at that briefly.... I mean, I flipped through the exercises and skimed through some of the progressions but I haven't read the book yet..... I'm not opposed to the idea, I just haven't had (or taken) the opportunity to really look at it. Besides, 1 workout of YAYOG isn't realy enough to give a fair evaluation of the program. Part of the problem is that I started my exercises today without doing any warm-up... and I know better....

i know BBY is for girls LOL that is why i have it. it sounds more fun than YAYOG from your workout. and i never warm up. i do do stuff like go for a run when i get up and i dont ever really sit still.

i know BBY is for girls LOL that is why i have it. it sounds more fun than YAYOG from your workout. and i never warm up. i do do stuff like go for a run when i get up and i dont ever really sit still.
    I am starting with the Basic Program, which is 4 days per week, for a 10 week cycle. Some of the exercises are exactly the same, but the progressions for BBY seem to be much complicated.... YAYOG lays out which exercises do do on which day of the week, and which week you are in for the 10 week cycle..... It works for me cuz I don't have to plan it out, or think.... I just has to (as G would say) Dooooo eeeeeeet!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Good day all!

Ah, the old ladders, I believe that's starting on the old basic class, wait 'till you progress to the 1st class?!

I gave me brother a copy and he reckons he was walking like something out of a George A Romero film for days after that leg day!

Warm ups are for poofs, I do some swings to get all the joints moving, some remedial movements, then crack on!

I can see the metrosexual in you coming out by doing the BBY, Doc!

And Kudos old boy, that was a fair day, I doff my cap.