Page 17 of 553 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117517 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 17

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wednesday:

Was a push up and leg raise day. 3 sets of knee push ups, 40, 35, and 30 reps. Getting close to my progression goal on this exercise, and it's a darn good thing too.. I'm getting REALLY TIRED od knee push ups! Bent knee raise: 3 sets of 40, 40 and 30 reps. Getting close to my progression goal here too... Also did my grip work out. The isometric hand exercises really mess with my hand coordination for a while after the exercise. I drop alot of stuff after doing them. I did 2 sets of 5 incline finger tip push ups... holy crap those are hard! This was the first attempt at incline fingertip pushups.... the level of difficulty is waaaay higher than a wall fingertip pushup! But I want hands with a grip like steel, so there ya go.

Diet:

B: 2 eggs over easy and collards cooked in lard and chicken broth

L: BAS, 2 hamburger patties w/ cheese

S: hamburger patty w/ butter

So, I ended up taking a blood pressure pill today for the first time in months. I have had the feeling that my BP was creeping up, and I was getting some swelling in my lower legs. I think part of the cause is a couple of days of drinking some regular off the shelf bouillon at work. I had a cup of beef and a cup of chicken bouillon on Monday and Tuesday, and on wednesday my lower legs look like tree trunks and I was getting a "congested" feeling in my head and neck. Took my BP, and it was up a little higher than normal, but not dangerously high. I won't do any more boullion. I am going to make some chicken broth tomorrow.
    I am also trying to eat more fat, and put myself in nutritional ketosis. The urine ketostix say I am there. I will probably forego my runs for a couple of weeks until I get a little better adapted to being fat burning animal..... I'm used to the animal part....

Thursday:
    Was a run day, however since I have started a fat-adaptation regimine, I am going to forgo my runs for the next 2 weeks.... Started getting rid of some of this water I was retaing. I weighed myself before my shower, I was at 228.2. About 3 days ago I was at 238, so I have peed off 10 lbs in the last 3 days, and I have a little more to go! Well, seeing that 228 got my attention. I haven't seen 228 in almost 20 years! Dang... I broke past 230, time for progress pics.....

Since I didn't exercise, i ran a coupple of errands and cooked up a HUGE pot of chicken broth. Lots of garlic, and celery and carrots to go with the 5 lb of whole chicken in the pot. I deboned the chicken will throw that on a salad, or just eat it with a little butter. The broth will get strained tomorrow and I will reduce it some to concentrate the flavors.

Speakin of Butter....I swear I am turnining to Paula Dean..... without the hairdo or the annoying laugh or the diabetes or the... anyway, I started putting a pat of butter in my coffee with some heavy cream when I get up. I have also had a couple of cups of tea and added butter to it as well. I have been putting a pat of butter on my hamburger patties too. In the last 2 days I think I have eaten/drank the equivalent of 2 sticks of butter...... and my ketosticks say I am putting out moderate ketones... the scale says I am burning fat. Cool! Hopefully I won't have to start going to Butter-holics Anonymus meetings..... If I do, maybe I can talk Paula in to being my sponsor...... hmmmm

Thursday diet:

I swear someday's I'd forget my head if it weren't attached!

B: 2 scrambled eggs, collards cooked in lard and chicken stock

L: BAS, hamburger patty with a pat of butter

D: 2 hamburger patties w/ mustard

S: didn't need any.... stayed full until meal time....

F: 112g (63%) C: 53g (13%) P:98g (24%)

This is probably the closest I have come to hitting my target macros..... and I'm burning fat! SWEEEET!

I had to pick up some coffee related stuff for work, so I cruzed through the spice aisle for S&Gs. I spotted a couple of McCormick spice blend grinders, so I picked upt eh Italian Herb and the garlic Pepper blends. I put the garlilc Pepper blend on my salad tonight.... pretty tasty. Good garllic flavor, nice pepper blend. Gonna have to give this a "2 thumbs up with a Z snap!"

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Gonna have to give this a "2 thumbs up with a Z snap!"
    Awesome. I'm glad to know I am not the only one who remembers that sketch.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Awesome. I'm glad to know I am not the only one who remembers that sketch.
    "Hated it!" lol

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    "Hated it!" lol
    lmao. It's been way too long since that went off the air.

Friday:

What a long day.... but every Friday is a long day. Squats and pull ups today. Finished 3 sets of 25 close squats. Since the weather is windy, kind of rainy, I played with the body weight suspenion trainer I put in the hay shed. I have never used one of these contraptions, and they are harder than they look. I did 4 exercises, sets each at 10 reps per set. Most of the exercises were shoulder/deltoid specific, and they were tired when I was done. I did a modified jack knife pull up, reverse flys, passing one arm pulls, and a gator switch back.... The gator switchback is an interesting exercise. Kind of an alternating high and low fly. Yuo start with you arms extended, leaning back against the handles. Then you pull your arms back until they are even with your body. One arm goes high the other low and then you lower yourself until your arms are extended in front of you then reverse positions. In 1 rep, each arm goes high and low. Interesting exercise, and harder than it looks....

Diet:

B: scrambled eggs w/ shredded cheddar cheese and salsa, coffe w/ heavy cream and butter

L: BAS, 2 hamburger patties

D: boiled chicked thigh

F: 109g (65%) C:28g (7%) P:105g (27%) calories: 1475

Well, I have been taking some BP meds to dump off some of this fluid I retained from my experiment with chicken and beef bouillon.... On Wednesday the scale said I was at 238 and my lower legs looked like tree trunks.... today the scale says 228.2, so I have peed off @ 10 pounds of fluid. OK, maybe a little less because I am burning fat now... ketostix are a mid-range purple.... So, I am now at a weight less than I was when I retired from the Navy in 1999.... wooo hooo!! A celbration is in order.... gonna go do some crunches or push ups or something... eh maybe on Saturday... too tired to celbrate on Friday.
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 02-09-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Saturday:

No exercise today, well, no PLANNED exercise today. My shoulders got a hell of a workout washing a 14X24 foot chiccken house.... inside and out.... The outside was the worst becasue of the temp and the wind. The inside was realy dirty, and now the house smells like Simple Green..... I hope the birds appreciate a clean house...

Diet:

B: scramblbed eggs and collards

L: steak

D: BAS w/ chickcen breast

S: walnuts, pecans, 3 squares of 72% dark chocolate

F: 140g (59%) C:89g (17%) P:129g (24%) total calories 2059
    went waaaaaay over on all macros and total calories. Was hungry all day.

The other day I boiled a couple of chickens to make some stock. Added celery, carrots, Pulled the chicken out, trained out all the veg and put the stock in the fridge to cool. I pulled it out today and boiled it down by about half to concentrate the flavors. Added about a tablespoon of kosher saltThat stuff turned out great! Much better than bouillon, and hopefully it won't make me blow up like a balloon because of the sodium!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey There, you need to post your uniform pic in your own journal too. I think it will be good inspiration for you to keep up the hard work, and also give the ladies of MDA another place to "see" you.