Page 147 of 586 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 5852

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 147

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i have had a rooster die of old age btw LOL 2 in fact.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i have had a rooster die of old age btw LOL 2 in fact.
    lol... roosters don't last very long on my place.... I usually give them away....

one was my pet welsummer roo and the other was my founding dorking roo. i was fond of both of them, my welsummer roo looked after my kids pet chooks and my dorking roo looked after my dorking older girls who all ranged. i kept younger breeding roos which went in the pot. chooks do like to have a roo for social structure so that was my excuse.

one was my pet welsummer roo and the other was my founding dorking roo. i was fond of both of them, my welsummer roo looked after my kids pet chooks and my dorking roo looked after my dorking older girls who all ranged. i kept younger breeding roos which went in the pot. chooks do like to have a roo for social structure so that was my excuse.
    yes, they do, but my wife doesn't like "surprise" eggs...... if there is no roo, some of the more aggressive hens will "act" like roos

ive even heard of hens trying to crow LOL my fave hens have been the more feisty ones. dd had a pet dorking hen called tamarillo who was fearless vs tame. she used to sit on the horse sometimes. my other fave was a silver laced wyandotte who always used to try to peck you if you picked her up. she look perpetually cross but was an awesomely good clucky chicken and raised loads of chicks for me.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Mornin', doc!

Nothing much to say, just saw you are chatting as I finished up my journal entry for today, and thought I would be neighborly.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Mornin', doc!

Nothing much to say, just saw you are chatting as I finished up my journal entry for today, and thought I would be neighborly.
    Thanks for the neighborly stop by.... hope things in your little corner of the interwebs are going well....

Didn't get a whole lot done.... sat in an empty chicken house most of the morning watching out for coyotes...... sitting still for 2 hours is tough! The not talking isn't all that hard... I'm not all that talkative anyway. No cooler this time G... mayb tomorrow. though I do have egg deliveries to make tomorrow... maybe I'll just buy some dry dog food and rat bait...... effective, or so I've been told, and probably not legal.... Maybe some ethylene glycol.... or SKS.... or steel traps..... or claymore mines.....

cyanide and peanut butter works for possums. i dont think it is legal anymore either.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    cyanide and peanut butter works for possums. i dont think it is legal anymore either.
    funny you should mention possums.... wife went out to close up the birds tonight and there was a possum eating out of the chicken feeder and the birds wouldn't go in their house, so wifey takes the portable fence post she uses as a walking stick and "kills" the possum. I go out to dispose of the "dead" possum and there is the bugger eating out of the trough again. He ran off before I could draw a bead on his fuzzy butt..... I told her next time shoot him! they call it "playing possum" for a reason....