Page 14 of 501 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 14

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ITS FERAKIN SNOWIN..... sideways cuz o the wind........ Drivin to work is gunna SUK!

Friday:

Drive to work was un-eventful, since it stopped snowing about 10 minutes after it started.... Today, that is a different story. Calling for 1" of the frosted rain this afternoon and in to the night. With temps in the mid to low 30s most of this week, the ground is pretty cold, so this stuff isn't gonna melt right away...... and there might be enough to go out and make snow midgets....

Looked in the box my new yogurt maker was shipped in, and a catalog for the company that the maker came from was included.... Midwest Supplies.... a home brew company.... I recently gave all my brew stuff to my youngest so I have no use for the catalog. It did stir salivation, not salvation, looking at all the brew kits though...some yummy looking stuff there.

Today I will be dodging snowflakes while performing squats and horizontal body rows. Will post exercise results later.

Diet:

B: yogurt, 2 hotdogs, cold and plain

L: BAS, canned tuna w/dill relish and mayo

D: baked chicken is the plan

S: Pecans

Will have to make a trip to the feed store (animal & human fed).... need more salad stuffs and moo juice for yogurt.

Saturday:

Well, there is about 2" of snow on the ground. It's pretty, and it's cold and the sky looks like it wants to crap more of the white stuff. Fortunately, the winds are calm. I opened all of the chicken houses this morning and they are staying inside.... who said chickens are stupid.... I threw them some of their favorite treats out on the snow..... they stayed inside...

Today is a rest day, and with the weather like it is, looks like it's gonna be a reading day. I have some good reading material on my Kindle, so I may have to curl up with the Kindle and read some John Stuart Mill, or Marcus Aurilieas....

Diet:

B: scrambled eggs, sausage patties, yogurt

L: BAS, left over chickeen

D: BAS, pot roast

S: pecans, walnuts

I put some Coconut oil in my coffee this AM. Interesting flavor. The 2nd cup had heavy cream. I prefer the flavor of the cream. The higher fat content of my morning libation has resolved any colorectal retention issues..... yeah, I know TMI.....

Sunday:

Yesterday was kinda nice. Cold, but the winds were calm. The temp today is supposed to be several degrees higher than yesterday, so a vast majority of the snow will melt. Today is a long run day, hopefully most of the snow and ice is gone from the road when I head out. Running on ice? yeah, not my favorite activity....

Diet:

B: yogurt, scrambled eggs, sausage patties

L: BAS, left over chicken

D: Short day, fasting

S: pecans, walnuts

Monday:

Yesterday's run went really well..... ran 6 miles, and every mile was faster that the previous one. I finished with a personal best for that distance. Legs recovered pretty well. Good times!

Today is a push up and leg raise day. Will post results later.

Diet:

B: yogurt, chicken fried steak

L: BAS, chicken fried steak

D: roast beast, roast carrots and parsnips

S: Almonds

Push ups: Knee push ups, 3 sets, 40, 35, 30 reps
    Flat knee raises, 3 sets 35 reps
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 01-28-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Tuesday:

Today is a rest day, but I thik I am going to shift my run scheduled for Thursday to today. Wednesday is a squat day, and I really don't want do a run the day after I do squats. The run doesn't take as much out of my legs so it will be "safer" to do the run before the squats. So I will do a 3 mile run with 50 second intervals every 2 minutes. Besides all that it's gonna be 60 and sunny..... after a snowy weekend..... Ya just gotta love Global Warming!

Diet:

B: yogurt, 2 scrambles eggs, sausage patty

L: BAS, roast beast, roasted carrots

D: Chicken fried steak

S: Almonds

This weekend I downloaded several book to my Kindle. One of the books was the Hitchhiker Guide to the Universe....... If you like Monty Python, and I do, you will love this book! I finished HGTU and started The Resturant at the End of The Universe..... equally bizzzzzaaarrrrrrreeee! It seems to be a collection of disjointed vignettes that coalesce in to a story. Kinda like Jello Instant pudding.... doesn't look like much but it's pretty entertaining!

OK... run is dun, and my fanny has been thoroughly kicked! Gorgeous day. temp in the upper 50's, a little wind, sun is shining. Took a nature bath.... now for a regular one.... I haven't sweat this much since my wedding day! Maybe a stop by the scale to see if I inflicted any damage on the fat cell horde...

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    OK... run is dun, and my fanny has been thoroughly kicked! Gorgeous day. temp in the upper 50's, a little wind, sun is shining. Took a nature bath.... now for a regular one.... I haven't sweat this much since my wedding day! Maybe a stop by the scale to see if I inflicted any damage on the fat cell horde...
    So your wife tried to run too huh? Glad you managed to catch her
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

well, the sweating on my wedding day was from all the shotguns behind me! Yeah, I catched me a good un! I married WAAAAAAAAAAAY up!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    well, the sweating on my wedding day was from all the shotguns behind me! Yeah, I catched me a good un! I married WAAAAAAAAAAAY up!
    Good for you. Nice to see the shotguns helped.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony