Page 119 of 585 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 5844

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 119

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    you know if you dont tell me you dont do them, i poss wont notice LOL my house is easy to break in to. you either open the door and walk in or open a window. i havent used the key since we went away skiing last june. how did the kettlebell get ups go?

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    you know if you dont tell me you dont do them, i poss wont notice LOL my house is easy to break in to. you either open the door and walk in or open a window. i havent used the key since we went away skiing last june. how did the kettlebell get ups go?
    lol.. yeah, I know... but honesty being the best policy... Getups went OK. Didn't do very many, but I did the same number per side. My technique needs alot of work, but that will come with time. I did notice that my left side is "weaker" than my right, which isn't really very surprising since I am right hand dominant.
    Locks only stop honest people. If someone is determined to get in, they are getting in.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    you could just smash a window at my place if you wanted to get in and no one would hear you. or if you were a glazier, you could simply remove the glass neatly. my left side is weaker than my right side and i am left handed. or more ambidextrous but i write with my left hand. i've never needed left handed scissors or pens or peelers. and i eat with my cutlery the correct side. this is also why i do a lot of my exercises at the gym with dumbbells or one legged. to help even out the strength differences. i start with the weakest side too.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Good day all

Great exercise the get up, once you get the hang of them, they're a good work out, you'll get there Doc, we've got every faith in you!

Sea, you're lucky, I'm uber left handed, it's not the weakness thing but I look a right knobber using most things that are right hand dominant, broke me left wrist a few years ago, worst six weeks of me life, cleaning me teeth and other related toilet things were a nightmare, bit of TMI moment there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good day all

Great exercise the get up, once you get the hang of them, they're a good work out, you'll get there Doc, we've got every faith in you!

Sea, you're lucky, I'm uber left handed, it's not the weakness thing but I look a right knobber using most things that are right hand dominant, broke me left wrist a few years ago, worst six weeks of me life, cleaning me teeth and other related toilet things were a nightmare, bit of TMI moment there!!
    Yes, they seem to be a good workout. I am surprised at how fast the heart rate goes up. The stabalizer muscles got a great workout, as holding a weight overhead is not a normal, natural act; so to speak. The right arm was much more steady than was the left.....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Yes, they seem to be a good workout. I am surprised at how fast the heart rate goes up. The stabalizer muscles got a great workout, as holding a weight overhead is not a normal, natural act; so to speak. The right arm was much more steady than was the left.....
    It does get the old jam tart working, you ain't wrong there, the constant tension I reckon? Done some snatches yesterday, I could feel me heart beat in me toes!

I'm not going to ask why the right is stronger than the left, I'm not!!

It does get the old jam tart working, you ain't wrong there, the constant tension I reckon? Done some snatches yesterday, I could feel me heart beat in me toes!

I'm not going to ask why the right is stronger than the left, I'm not!!
    Cuz I'm right handed!

Cuz I'm right handed!
    I ain't no Sherlock Holmes, but that'll do it!

I ain't no Sherlock Holmes, but that'll do it!
    Yeah... I have a death grip on the obvious too!! lol

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah... I have a death grip on the obvious tool! lol

Don't hurt yourself.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.