Page 113 of 578 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 5773

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 113

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i had dog induced rotator cuff issues. i got some clubbells to fix it as i figured i have to make it stronger to prevent it happening again.
    Hopefully she can use the YAYOG to help with her shoulder issues.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    do believe I have made the comment that I wouldn't want to see you pissed, as in angry. Now I know I was right.... and why! lol
    trust me i am usually an absolute diplomat.

Hopefully she can use the YAYOG to help with her shoulder issues.
    i do love my clubbells but i would look into them as well. they have helped me lots.

trust me i am usually an absolute diplomat.

i do love my clubbells but i would look into them as well. they have helped me lots.
    yes... but even diplomats have their breaking point......

clubbells are not very popular here, not sure why, but it ay be something to look in to...

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    so how did wifey's exercises compare to what you could do? we also never found out which is his hardest bending exercise in YAYOG. does he has a progression after one legged warriors with a weight? if he does it that is. maybe you should buy wifey BBY?!!
    Hiya

Sorry about not getting back earlier Sea, I would say OLRDL stood on a cushion is the hardest in YAYOG, the OLW is harder, I'm thinking of trying some, just to see what there like!

Bugger about the chooks Doc, me thinks it ain't going to be a happy ending, however it concludes.

Oh, I done n=1 kettlebell swing test on Friday after the talk a few pages back, to see how long I could do them non-stop before getting jarred off, five minutes was my limit, I was blowing like enthusiastic adult film actress by then mind! (Not that I watch that type of celluloid mind!)

Cheers

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    In our country it is legal to carry a weapon freely on your own property(except in those cities where prohibited by local statute).
    It is also legal to shoot any roaming dog that is harming/killing your livestock on sight in most rural places in our country.

People that live out in the country here know this and let their animals roam anyway...
    It's a bit like people who let their dogs roam day after day near busy streets and then blames the driver of the car that hits the dog when it goes in the road.
    No.

You need to be much less close to shoot a dog coming in to kill your livestock than you do to catch one and read the tags(though 99% of these rural dogs don't even have those anyway).
    Many dogs will run from strangers, making the later damn near impossible.
    Also, as far as pistols and shooting distance/accuracy... the right pistol in the right hands. Do you want to make some bets?
    They can be quite accurate if you know what you are doing. Do you shoot or have experience with handguns?
    I have a lady friend who shot a smiley face at her last qualifier(she is a deputy sheriff who works with my husband) for shits and giggles.
    (Much to the chagrin of many men present.)
    It makes my husband feel better that she doesn't fare as well during shotgun qualifiers ... even he ends up with a purple shoulder during that mess though. 2 entire days of shooting 12 gauge 3in mags for hours on end. Bleh...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

i dont look on it as a breaking point, more a point where i cease to negociate!!!

One legged warrior with a weight, i can do them so you should be able to LOL well i can do them on my leg without the stuffed ankle which is now almost better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Hiya

Sorry about not getting back earlier Sea, I would say OLRDL stood on a cushion is the hardest in YAYOG, the OLW is harder, I'm thinking of trying some, just to see what there like!

Bugger about the chooks Doc, me thinks it ain't going to be a happy ending, however it concludes.

Oh, I done n=1 kettlebell swing test on Friday after the talk a few pages back, to see how long I could do them non-stop before getting jarred off, five minutes was my limit, I was blowing like enthusiastic adult film actress by then mind! (Not that I watch that type of celluloid mind!)

Cheers
    Not being very familiar with the exercises I had to stop and think real hard about what OLRDL and OLW means... but I fingered it out... One Legged Romanian Dead Lift and One Legged Warriors..... I'm catching on.. I cant DO them... but know what teh letters stand for! lol

5 minutes? WOW..... and the analogy was priceless.... not that I know what an enthusiastic adult film actress does.... my mind is pure as the wind driven snow! lol

In our country it is legal to carry a weapon freely on your own property.
    It is also legal to shoot any roaming dog that is harming/killing your livestock on sight in most rural places in our country.
    we can here too. but we're just not allowed handguns. i have always thought the shorter the barrel the shorter the range. hence why sawn off shotguns have a crap range. i also only shoot rabbits with a .22 or a shotgun and deer and pigs with a high powered rifle. i'm not in law enforcement or would ever want to hang out to find out. ie i know nothing LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    In our country it is legal to carry a weapon freely on your own property(except in those cities where prohibited by local statute).

People that live out in the country here know this and let their animals roam anyway...
    It's a bit like people who let their dogs roam day after day near busy streets and then blames the driver of the car that hits the dog when it goes in the road.
    No.

You need to be much less close to shoot a dog coming in to kill your livestock than you do to catch one and read the tags(though 99% of these rural dogs don't even have those anyway).
    Many dogs will run from strangers, making the later damn near impossible.
    Also, as far as pistols and shooting distance/accuracy... the right pistol in the right hands. Do you want to make some bets?
    They can be quite accurate if you know what you are doing. Do you shoot or have experience with handguns?
    I have a lady friend who shot a smiley face at her last qualifier(she is a deputy sheriff who works with my husband) for shits and giggles.
    (Much to the chagrin of many men present.)
    It makes my husband feel better that she doesn't fare as well during shotgun qualifiers ... even he ends up with a purple shoulder during that mess though. 2 entire days of shooting 12 gauge 3in mags for hours on end. Bleh...
    A smiley face.... lol straight out of Lethal Weapon..... I wish I was that good!

Shotgun shooting can be quite fun... but hours on end and the result being a bruised shoulder isn't exactly my idea of a good time!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I grew up with all kinds of guns... long and short.
    My father was a gun smith, so I had sort of the ultimate all access pass, including custom built .50cals he did for some Delta guys, and some full autos. The .50 cals are awesome sexy beasts of perfection... full autos are overrated IMO.
    But it also meant that I learned to handle guns of all types well and responsibly.

Yes, a shorter barrel does limit your range to less than what you can shoot with a rifle... but not as much as is commonly thought. And you can still reach out and get a varmint at a decent distance.
    20-30 yards is pretty normal practice distance, even though many people are silly and only ever practice at 15 yard range distance.
    For a medium sized dog, or in the US a coyote which were often a problem, it wouldn't be a problem for a person with bit of practice at 50 to 75 yards. Not that hard at all.
    Even a 100 yard shot isn't that awful. A decent pistol can do it, the person just needs to do the practice work.
    The 100+ yard shots can be done... 200 yard shots even. Yes they can.
    These are for people who just really like to play at punching paper.

I know guys who can't hit a decent group at 100 yards with a rifle, when they ought to be able to hit a better group at 300.
    Because they don't know what they are doing...
    They certainly wouldn't do any good with a handgun.
    Last edited by cori93437; 04-23-2013 at 02:15 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.