Page 112 of 531 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 5308

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 112

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Sorry if you are offended by my attitude.....
    I suppose Doc - we do what we feel is right at the time. We have had some nasty dog attacks in NZ, and often after the fact we hear that the dog has maimed, killed or dismembered sheep, chickens, lambs etc.... before it has attacked the child. I really hope that the Grandbabies don't collect the eggs without Grandad.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I suppose Doc - we do what we feel is right at the time. We have had some nasty dog attacks in NZ, and often after the fact we hear that the dog has maimed, killed or dismembered sheep, chickens, lambs etc.... before it has attacked the child. I really hope that the Grandbabies don't collect the eggs without Grandad.
    NO, they do not.... mostly because they are too young and would break more eggs than they brought back whole.....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    the only time i have heard of a german shepherd attacking anyone other than the standard police dog type carryings on, was someone's german shepherd nailed a kid in a batman suit with big ears. it wasnt nasty but could have been. they reckoned the dog took the ears as a threat. and from having observed my neighbour's shepherd when i have been walking it, the ears are definitely very expressive and she uses them alot. as a breed they prob bark more than bite. the grand babes prob also dont need the trauma of gramps blowing away a dog with a handgun at close range. it is seriously not pretty.

I ordered You Are Your Own Gym, and it came in this weekend. Wifey got her mits on it and read it before I had the opportunity... then she had the audacity to mark up the exercises SHE liked... in MY book! lol

I read it last night... holycrap.... that guy is one sadistic SOB! Some of those exercises are nigh impossible (for my weak, fat self)!!!

so how did wifey's exercises compare to what you could do? we also never found out which is his hardest bending exercise in YAYOG. does he has a progression after one legged warriors with a weight? if he does it that is. maybe you should buy wifey BBY?!!

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    the only time i have heard of a german shepherd attacking anyone other than the standard police dog type carryings on, was someone's german shepherd nailed a kid in a batman suit with big ears. it wasnt nasty but could have been. they reckoned the dog took the ears as a threat. and from having observed my neighbour's shepherd when i have been walking it, the ears are definitely very expressive and she uses them alot. as a breed they prob bark more than bite. the grand babes prob also dont need the trauma of gramps blowing away a dog with a handgun at close range. it is seriously not pretty.
    Tiz true... however, my guess is the trauma of seeing a dog get shot pales in comparisson to the trauma of being mauled.... and I'm pretty protective of my family.... My Irish gets up pretty fast in that area...

so how did wifey's exercises compare to what you could do? we also never found out which is his hardest bending exercise in YAYOG. does he has a progression after one legged warriors with a weight? if he does it that is. maybe you should buy wifey BBY?!!
    Yes, I probably should buy her BBY... Wifey has had rotator cuff and carpal tunnel surgeries over the last several years, so her strength is somewhat diminished. She had some significant heath issues a little over a year ago that left her very weak. Her shoulder and wrist problems make it difficult for her to lift her stand mixer (which she uses all the frikin time!) or 5 gallon water jug etc.

i am 1/4 irish and we also have dubious latin blood so it pays not to piss me off either on the family front. i have seen a dog shot at close range and it is ugly. i doubt a shepherd would maul your grand baby. it would prob just grab the chicken and run. as i said before, it was just being a dog. it is not its fault the owner sucks. problem avoidance in these situations is so much wiser than getting all stressed out.

Yes, I probably should buy her BBY... Wifey has had rotator cuff and carpal tunnel surgeries over the last several years, so her strength is somewhat diminished. She had some significant heath issues a little over a year ago that left her very weak. Her shoulder and wrist problems make it difficult for her to lift her stand mixer (which she uses all the frikin time!) or 5 gallon water jug etc.
    i had dog induced rotator cuff issues. i got some clubbells to fix it as i figured i have to make it stronger to prevent it happening again.

i am 1/4 irish and we also have dubious latin blood so it pays not to piss me off either on the family front. i have seen a dog shot at close range and it is ugly. i doubt a shepherd would maul your grand baby. it would prob just grab the chicken and run. as i said before, it was just being a dog. it is not its fault the owner sucks. problem avoidance in these situations is so much wiser than getting all stressed out.
    I do believe I have made the comment that I wouldn't want to see you pissed, as in angry. Now I know I was right.... and why! lol
    Yes, avoiding a problem is in the first place is best.