Page 109 of 501 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 5005

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 109

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    By bending D, i mean the ones which start with the simplest one being the good morning?
    Sorry mis-understood a bit! Have to check the book, as I don't have it on me, but for the hamstringy type ones, the one legged Romanian dead lift stood on a cushion is one I found challanging, doable though.

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    the top progression in bending in BBY is the one legged warrior with a weight. same as a one legged deadlift but you hold your arms above your head and a weight there too. i can do that which is why i wondered if there was a harder one in YAYOG

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    the top progression in bending in BBY is the one legged warrior with a weight. same as a one legged deadlift but you hold your arms above your head and a weight there too. i can do that which is why i wondered if there was a harder one in YAYOG
    Having looked up what a one legged warrior is, (which I must confess I haven't heard of before), I don't think there's anything to match that in YAYOG, again I'll check when I get home though, but from memory, from OLRDL, it progresses to hip raisers, one legged hip raisers, then ham sandwiches, which isn't really a bending exercise, but are tough!

The only thing I can think of, is to go heavier?

Cheers

right now i am doing them on two legs as i have an ankle injury. i can do one legged on my good leg but decided to go for two legged till it gets better. i use a 3kg weight and my next dumbbell up is a 5kg. i may try with the 4kg clubbell actually as i find the 5kg just a smidgen too heavy. as in i lose the ROM with it and i think getting the low bend is the important bit.

I agree, the ROM/form is the main thing, how longs the ankle away from goodness?

i dont know to be honest. it has been going on about 4 weeks which is very annoying but it gets better every day. it was def better today. i managed a light jog on it but decided it was a bad idea in case i stuffed it again. i would imagine another 2 weeks before i can run properly but we shall see. the trick will be to avoid running till i can.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    My day will be a less stressed one... Oldest son is a firefighter, his finance is a paramedic.... they live near Waco... just heard from him, they are safe. I am better....

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad that they are okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I'm glad that they are okay.
    Thanks... much appreciated!

OK.. exercise... 2 mile run... first 1/2 mile was a warm up, ran a mile in 10:33, finished with a 1/2 mile "cool down walk 1 minute/jog 2 minute routine. Got a bit o water and hit the kettle bell swings. Did 3 sets of 25 swings.... heart rate jumped to @ 135. I let the HR come down to @ 100 before starting the next set. My technique needs work... so I will keep at it. My thighs are tired today.... I wonder why?

Now it is time to go out to the garden and play with my hoe.......... actually it's work my hoe.... there is no "play" in the garden! This is serious stuff! We're talkin food here! Food is no joke! On goes my outback hat, water bottle in hand, hoe in the other, and off we go!