Page 10 of 566 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 10

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Friday:

Today was a Squat and Pull day. Did my exercise a little late in the day, so my motivation was somewhere near the basement.. Did Horizontal Pulls, and did a Grease the Groove approach. My squats were a new progression. Today I completed 3 sets of 20 reps of 1/2 squats. Felt pretty good, but I didn't feel overly worked from them.

Diet:

B: Bowl of vegetable soup

L: BAS, beef short ribs, carrots and parsnips

D: Bowl of veggie soup. Was too tired to cook.

The bacon that I was curing is done. I got the smokehouse fired up and smoked the bacon. It has a beautiful golden color....

Saturday:

A rest day. Had the grandson out to the farm for the first time in about a month. He likes it out here. Even as young as he is, at 4, he wants to do pretty much everything I do... drive the tractor, feed the chickens, collect eggs, close up the hen houses at night. Pretty funny, actually. And being as young as he is, he has the attention span of a gnat.... in mid job he wants to start something else. It takes alot of energy to keep him focused.
    So while wifey was taking the grand out for Christmas pictures, I was busy doing "stuff" on my own... I cut up the freshly smoked bacon in to segments for freezing, I skinned and de-boned 2 pork picnic hams and cut them in to chunks for sausage making and sent them to the freezer, and I pulled out all the Christmas decoration. 2 faux trees, and it seems like 100 plastic storage crates of "stuff".... more like 8, but carrying them up and down a flight of stairs seems to have a logrithmic effect on the number... Got the downstairs tree put up and left the rest of the decisions for the "interior decorator"-in-chief to get home. Daughter came out with the grandson after the photo-shoot, and helped with some of the festivities. On tap is house decoration, tree trimming, and cookie decoration. We started on making sugar cookie icing.... food coloring, confectionars sugar, cream cheese and heavy cream. It's primal, right? We start decorating a box of pre-baked sugar cookies (remember last weekend's home smells? Yeah, those evil things) and sometimes it seems like they must be rabbits cuz the more we iced, the faster they reproduced..... bastards.... Now icing sugar cookies can be fun, but you get the icing on your finger tips, and they must be clean! Your tongue has just the right amount of texture and moisture to complete the job effectively and efficiently! Grandson is having a good time with the icing, gets about 10 cookies in to the job and decides he has to help interior decorator-in-chief trim the tree.... Attention span, anyone? The cookies get iced, and colored sprinkles applied. Now the "Quality control" must be done.. Can't have crappy cookies for Christmas guests! So I sampled 3 iced Christmas cookies.... and that was 3 toooooo many! HOLYCRAP THOSE THINGS ARE SWEET!!! Yeah, I'ts been a while since I've eatten anything that sweet. I used to be able to knock down half a plate of the little jewls, but not now....
    So, the day concluded with the bacon cut up, pork freezing, cookies iced and stored, the downstairs Christmas tree is decorated, the mantles are decorated, lighted garland strung in the archway between the dining room and living room AND grandson and ID-I-C trim the upstairs Christmas tree..... Yeah, I'm tired...

Diet:

B: Scrambled eggs and 2 slices of Canadian bacon and 3 strips of fresh smoked bacon

L: 3 or 4 slices of summer sausage, and a handful of cheese squares. I think there was Kerrygold Cheddar, some smoked Gouda and some colby/Monterey Jack mix.

D: Cheese omlette with sauteed onions, celery, red peppers and some diced breakfast sausage.

Sunday:

It's a run day......and it's raining.... nope... not in a cold driving rain. Sprinkle? Sure, but it aint sprinkling... So wifey and I go Christmas shopping. Gotta stimulate the economy! She has had a Blackberry for a couple of years. Well, not the same Blackberry. She's had 5 or 6 in the last 2 years. It seems they don't like water very much, and the replacements they send are "refurbished" and thy suffer from electronic failure frequently. The one she has currently is about 3 months old, and the scroll function doesn't work very well. She's fed up, and so am I.... I'm the one that ends up doing all the grunt work to get the replacements. She's without a phone for several days and makes my life "difficult". Yeah I'm over the Blackberry. She has decided she wants an Iphone and an Ipad. Whatever dear. We spent, ohhhhh 3 hours Sunday getting her Ipad set up.... I'm over the Ipad already....

Diet:

B: 1/2 cup yogurt

L: Ate at a Mexican resturant today. It's been several months since we have been here. Had fajitas with the rice, beans and 3 flour tortillas.

D: Went to bed before dinner. Was still full fro lunch anyway.

Monday:

Went shopping at an adult toy store.... Bass Pro Shops. Get you minds outta the gutter folks! Got the oldest grandson a hunting knife. He's a deer slayer, so he will use it. Got the newest grandbaby (due in August?) a camo onesy. Mom isn't a fan of cammo.... she'll get over that in a hurry. To many uncles are hunters, so she will have a tough row to hoe if she doesn't...

Came home and did 3 sets of kneeling pushups (25,20,15). This is the first time at the new level in the progression. Also did 3 sets of knee tucks (31,30,25). Thats a few more than last week.

Diet:

B: Meat loaf

L: Meat Loaf

D: 1/2 cup yogurt, small bowl of veggie soup

Tuesday:

A rest day... and a good thing too! i'm sore from yesterday. Suprisingly so... Instead I did a little interior decorating. Put batteries in all of our animated Christmas noise makers.... you know the ones that sing annoying songs... Like Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer, I'm Gettin Nuttin For Christmas and the like. We get a new one every year. This years addition is in honor of the daughter's "new" dog. Earlier this year she got a chihuahua... and her son's a big Spiderman fan (the 4 year old grandson), so naturally the dog's name is Peter Parker.... usually called Petey. So the new animated figure is a chihuahua that sings Feliz Navidad (complete with maracas)

Diet:

B: 1/2 cup yogurt w/ strawberry preserves

L: Meat loaf

D: fasted

Wednesday:

A run day. It's cool, damp but not raining. Actually a pretty good day for a jog. I didn't run last week, so I extended my run to 6 miles today. I checked my heart rate every 1/2 mile and for the most part it was 140 for most of the run. The run time was a little slower, but I reallly wasn't after a fast time. I wanted long and slow non-chronic cardio today. My heart rate dropped to 96 within 15 minutes of the run, and the calories burned was 1561. Legs recovered pretty quickly. 2 hours after the run, my legs don't feel like I ran today. Yeah!!

Diet:

B: 1/2 cup yogurt w/ strawberry preserves, 2 pieces of home made breakfast sausage.

L: BAS, 1/2 baked chicken

D: 2 pieces of sausage, handful of almonds

Haven't weighed in a couple of weeks. I am wwearing size 42 waist pants, that are freakn falling off...... I guess I need to go to the 40's I bought recently. I tried on an old pair of 38's I have. They aren't as loose as I usually wear them, but I could go out in public in them and not look like a link sausage.... Progress!!!
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 12-12-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Thursday:

Today was a rest day. No planned "exercise", instead, I packed and mailed Christmas presents..... when I was done, my wallet was alot lighter.. no lifting heavy things today.

Diet:

L: BAS, left over beef enchiladas from the wife's dinner out with a co-worker..... yes, I had her permission to eat her leftovers. I just look like I'm dumb...

D: Bacon cubes with collards, cooked in chicken broth with pepper and garlic......

Friday:

A pull and squat day. Did 3 sets of 20 horizontal pulls. Forearms are still what is holding me back. The shoulders felt like they aere worked some, but the forearms need ALOT of work. Did 3 sets of 30 half squats. No troubles. Legs felt like they had been worked and recovered well.

Diet:

B: 1/2 cup yogurt w/ strawberry jam

L: BAS, beanless chili

S: cheese omlete and sausage patties

Saturday:

A rest day, and since Christmas is right around the corner, it was "Lets Break the Bank" day... Wifey and I went shopping, in separate cars. She and the daughter and daughter-in-law were all going out to get pedicures and I wanted no part of that... Besides, I had to get home and do chicken shit.. like collecting eggs, cleaning waterers, filling feeders and closing up the hen houses. Off we go finishing up the Christmas spending spree.

Diet:

B: 1/2 cup yogurt, leftover cheese omlette and sausage patty

L: Didn't eat lunch. Planned to, but you know how plans go....

D: BAS, broilled pork steaks

Stopped at the local meat market and picked up 10 lb of pork fat to go with the pork picnic hams. Next week will be sausagefest at my place. I have 2 hams cut up and 4 waiting to be deboned and diced. Up on the menu is sweet Italian sausage. 2 of the hams will be used for Polish sausage. The other 2 will be for Breakfast sausage and more sweet Italian sausage. yummmmmm. Love me some pig!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sunday:

Woke up to the sound of rain on the roof. Knowing that this was a run day, my first thought was that I was going to get raind out. Fortunately that did not happen. This was an interval day. Ran 3 miles with a 40 second interval every 2 minutes. Finished the run about 10 seconds faster than the previous run. It was a cool, cloudy day. Not bad weather for a run. Wind wasn't terribly bad. Not a bad "nautre bath" as Mark calls it.

The Christmas baking saga continues. Fortunately for me, I had to go out and take care of getting wifey's new phone. Unfortunately, that didn't occur until after the mincemeat tarts and the butter tarts were made. I get "volunteered" to help, and am made responsible for removing the tarts from the baking sheet and placing them on the cooling rack. As it happens, there were a few "accidents" and some of the tarts were damaged in the removale process. Since it would be unconscionable to serve damaged goods to guests, I had to throw my self on 4 or 5 "tart grenades". The damage wasn't too bad, and the organoleptic sampleing proved tasty. If I maintain my current weight over the next 2 weeks, it will be a freakin miracle! The finale of the baking was the pumpkin bread wifey made. A co-worker gave us a big pumpkin that I baked earlier this week. The flesh of the pumpkin was put in the fridge to use for bread making. Wifey got 10 loaves of pumpkin bread out of the "gift". Other than some crescent rolls, the baking should be done...... thankfully! I have a hard time resisting fresh home baked goods....

Diet: (apart from the sampleing)

L: BAS, beanless chili

D: fasted, since this is a short day and I go to bed in the early afternoon.