Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Those that sre successful at Primal... page 2

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It's a good place to be, and it's fluid. For me it has been primarily about health and damping down inflammation. I've lost weight while gaining a lot of muscle and am now feeling very positive and healthy. I am still 'overweight' but significantly smaller than average for my height.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    My advice is to stick to the PB...carb curve and all and you won't have to count calories. The program works i.e. if you follow the recommended amount of exercise along with the nutritional advice they complement each other. LHT 2x/week....walk alot.....sprint once in a while.....Its ez.

peril is offline Senior Member
    There are ten laws, make an effort on all of them

Also, even if your goal is weight loss, make health your primary focus. You will lose weight as you get healthy
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    I've had success because I don't have to worry about food all the time. I weigh what I want to weigh. My body isn't perfect, but I feel good in it. I've gotten rid of lifelong hypoglycemia, chronic constipation, adult acne, and low energy. I'm in the best shape of my life, and have plenty of energy to live my life and pursue my chosen sport.

My best advice would be to read the book, and then figure out what works best for YOU. Don't pay attention to anyone else on this forum (at least for several months until you get the hang of things), because everyone is going to do things just a little different and you'll just get confused and frustrated. Focus on your health.

Moll is offline Member
    Yup, do what works for you. I was concerned 2 1/2 weeks ago that I wasn't getting enough calories (I like to track calories sometimes to give myself a baseline and idea of what's happening - I need the numbers!) so I thought it might be a good idea to up my calories due to my "needs." Well, for 2 weeks I didn't lose a single pound. As soon as I cut back on my calories, to a much lower amount than should "work" for me, the pounds started coming off again. So yeah, take in as much info as you can, and try out different things while you tweak a system so that it's the most beneficial to you! (Also, just for info's sake, I track cals through Livestrong. I like it because I can add my own recipes and it'll calculate the nutritional value of those for me too.)

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Eat more fat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12