Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vibrams for tennis, racquetball, basketball, ... etc. page 2

McNack is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I've played squash in KSOs for about 5 months. I think they are great re: performance, they are light and the grippiest shoe I've worn. AND they force you to stay on your toes...which is a great habit to get in to. I am sure I play better/quicker in them. I still use them very often and would recommend it, BUT...

1. They take a beating. Within a few games some seams were coming apart. They still hold up, but at this pace I'll need another set before christmas (which is expensive!)
    2. Toe blisters (as mentioned). I developed some pretty serious calluses so this isn't an issue anymore, it was a problem when I started with them.
    3. I bashed my heel so often when I began the transition...my leg and back took a beating. This took some getting used too (i.e. staying on your toes!). I think this issue is inherent to getting rid of a conventional sneaker.
    4. I can't play in a shoe with a heel now, it feels entirely different. I am sure I would adjust, but I've been brainwashed by the barefooters... and it limits the options now that I have seen the other side.

As I said, I love them and would recommend. But basketball could be tough. In that case I'd try and find a solid zero-drop shoe (sorry no recommendations, but I'd love to hear some)

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McNack View Post
    I've played squash in KSOs for about 5 months. I think they are great re: performance, they are light and the grippiest shoe I've worn. AND they force you to stay on your toes...which is a great habit to get in to. I am sure I play better/quicker in them. I still use them very often and would recommend it, BUT...

1. They take a beating. Within a few games some seams were coming apart. They still hold up, but at this pace I'll need another set before christmas (which is expensive!)
    2. Toe blisters (as mentioned). I developed some pretty serious calluses so this isn't an issue anymore, it was a problem when I started with them.
    3. I bashed my heel so often when I began the transition...my leg and back took a beating. This took some getting used too (i.e. staying on your toes!). I think this issue is inherent to getting rid of a conventional sneaker.
    4. I can't play in a shoe with a heel now, it feels entirely different. I am sure I would adjust, but I've been brainwashed by the barefooters... and it limits the options now that I have seen the other side.

As I said, I love them and would recommend. But basketball could be tough. In that case I'd try and find a solid zero-drop shoe (sorry no recommendations, but I'd love to hear some)
    This may lead me into looking at the Merell, or NB minimalist shoes, considering what my friend put his KSOs through, having caused them to rip.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12