Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idiot says he's proved chocolaye is addictive page

Lewis is offline Senior Member

Idiot says he's proved chocolaye is addictive

I forget the details. A Mr. Idiot at the University of Stupid (or something along those lines) has "proved" chocolate is "addictive" through experiments on -- wait for it -- rats.

Something like that. Google it if you want more details - or could care less.

Personally, I sometimes break off a piece of chocolate and, yeah, I quite like it, but I don't feel a compulsion to cram the whole bar but you know what? I'm not a rat.

Just put the rat down and back away.

I think it's got to the point where no-one should be permitted to experiment on rats unless he agrees to eat them afterwards. Maybe that would curb the deluge of nonsense.

Loukia Maria is offline Junior Member
    With all these repeative surveys and experiments I start feeling ashame of my profession. Many times I feel exhausted with all this repetition, too.
    The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanely sensitive. To them…a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death.” Pearl Buck

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Can you tell I don't actually CARE what they did in detail?

It involved injecting something - maybe the chocolate, possibly something else - in the rats' brains. Why not? That would have an obvious relevance, since when I want to eat I don't put things in my mouth I inject them in my brain.

I think someone should put the researchers at the University of Stupid in a cage and inject things in their brains.

Am I going to spend time reading this nonsense? Would that be a better use of one's time than ... Oh, I dunno ... Reading the Critique of Pure Reason in the original German or visiting Machu Pichu.

Let's use our time on this earth wisely.

Pass the chocolate.

Before 1 year ago i was also addicate to choclates but, now i totally left it

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Whenever I eat chocolate I lose all sense of reason and pig out on anything even slightly chocolatey. That sounds like an addiction.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

twa2w is online now Senior Member
    Coffee can be addictive and so can alcohol and a whole host of drugs, but not all people get addicted when they use them. I would assume chocolate may be the same way. It may be a pyscological addition to the buzz from the theobromine or perhaps a physical addiction to some element. Could be it stimulates the pleasure centres of the brain, and some people (rats) get addicted to the buzz. Likely the same area of the brain that is affected by opiates and maryjane.
    Addiction does not necessarily mean binging - most people do not binge on coffee but many need a shot first thing in the morning. Same for alcoholics- some are bingers and some are chronic.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    It is probably the sugary chocolate found in Hershey bars dairy milk and the like and not a good quality dark chocolate.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Amber is offline Junior Member
    im pretty sure anything can be addictive. but injecting chocolate into a rats brain seems a little excessive.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have never had an addiction to chocolate. Sure I've eaten quite a bit in my time, but I never had that "OMGMUSTGETCHOCOLATENOW!!!!" feeling that addiction would imply.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast