Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Idiot says he's proved chocolaye is addictive page 2

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    I have never had an addiction to chocolate. Sure I've eaten quite a bit in my time, but I never had that "OMGMUSTGETCHOCOLATENOW!!!!" feeling that addiction would imply.
    Yeah walked to the grocery store while I had the flu and puked twice on the way. Just saying.... Chocolate.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    I would say I have had an addiction and have CRAVED chocolate.
    Trouble is when I eat it I cant stop. I never feel satisfied.

stoney56 is offline Member
    I think NYC should regulate chocolate, because it has made their beloved rats crack whores. Save the rats.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I forget the details. A Mr. Idiot at the University of Stupid (or something along those lines) has "proved" chocolate is "addictive" through experiments on -- wait for it -- rats.

Something like that. Google it if you want more details - or could care less.

Personally, I sometimes break off a piece of chocolate and, yeah, I quite like it, but I don't feel a compulsion to cram the whole bar but you know what? I'm not a rat.

Just put the rat down and back away.

I think it's got to the point where no-one should be permitted to experiment on rats unless he agrees to eat them afterwards. Maybe that would curb the deluge of nonsense.
    Your very defensive over someone questioning the value of chocolate in your diet. Where does that come from?

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    Your very defensive over someone questioning the value of chocolate in your diet. Where does that come from?
    A psychological dependancy.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    A psychological dependancy.
    Yep.

MistressM is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I forget the details. A Mr. Idiot at the University of Stupid (or something along those lines) has "proved" chocolate is "addictive" through experiments on -- wait for it -- rats.

Something like that. Google it if you want more details - or could care less.

Personally, I sometimes break off a piece of chocolate and, yeah, I quite like it, but I don't feel a compulsion to cram the whole bar but you know what? I'm not a rat.

Just put the rat down and back away.

I think it's got to the point where no-one should be permitted to experiment on rats unless he agrees to eat them afterwards. Maybe that would curb the deluge of nonsense.
    Try this little science experiment if you want to have fun, giggle alot, learn something and leave rats alone. "Why and How to Make Yogurt: Another Deconstruction by the Mistresses of Mistakes [Kindle Edition]"

Misti is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    It is probably the sugary chocolate found in Hershey bars dairy milk and the like and not a good quality dark chocolate.
    I was wondering the same thing. When I eat my high quality chocolate it tastes marvelous, and I can stop at a square or two. When I eat cheap and nasty chocolate, it tastes bad -- and it's hard to stop! Makes no sense...but I think I may be reacting to the corn in the cheap and nasty chocolate, since I know I have a corn sensitivity.
    Misti
    Grain Free since 2009, WP from 2005
    ~100% primal (because anything less makes me very sick)
    Goal: hike across Sweden with my grandchildren when I retire in a few years

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    But his argument is so detailed and well thought out.

Milliarde is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Is there anything out there that cannot be dependence forming? Isn't that what an addiction is anyways? There's no chemical in video games that you eat that causes you to need to play more video games even though people have died from overplaying.

So I don't find anything strange with the conclusion that chocolate can be addictive, although it hardly proves anything or (in my opinion) leads to any conclusions regarding chocolate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast