Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My sister-in-law's diet... page 4

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ah so you know more about it than i.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I'm going along with the posters who say who cares what she eats. Just do your own thing, be healthy, and internally smug at her destroying her body and getting fatter. You can't pray out the stupid.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Really, you just have to let her go her way. That's all you can do!

My sister's room mate is a lovely girl with Asperger's (which may, to a certain extent, influence her behaviour in this regard... I just don't know) who really only eats stuff she likes. Which apparently, includes no vegetable matter AT ALL. A typical snack will be melted cheese on a plate. Or a sandwich made with white bread, cheese and mayo. In a couple of weeks my sister is having a going away party for her (she's from England and is going home), and she asked me to bring some carrot and celery sticks, noting that her room mate won't eat them cause she doesn't like them, but just so that everyone else has a healthy option!

The point is, though, she's an adult, and has to make her own way. Her way of eating may make the rest of us want to be sick, but it's her choice.

Ohhh.... and her going away dinner HAS to be at Pizza Hut apparently, and no one can convince her otherwise! That's gonna be awesome .

But the point is, she's an adult, and it's her choice. You can set an example and hope that others follow it, but you can't get upset if they don't.

On that note, my ten year old told me she wants to be primal today and that wheat products give her heartburn . It's a good step in the right direction .

Moll is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post

On that note, my ten year old told me she wants to be primal today and that wheat products give her heartburn . It's a good step in the right direction .
    Awesome!!! Yeah maybe the key is to work on the YOUNGER generation lol.

Moll is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    Ah so you know more about it than i.
    Lol so if you want info on Adventists or veggie meat, I've got the intel! hahahaha I feel so proud.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    We recently moved to a very SDA area and I was really confused by how most grocery stores around here have a huge section of the canned Worthington faux meats--I'd never even seen them before. I know whole food vegans who won't touch the soy stuff, but apparently it's a staple for SDA's? I wish I could help, the only thought that I have is to encourage her to eat more whole foods--maybe taking trips together to the farmer's market? I'd also see if she would read info about the negative health impacts of soy, and then recommend "clean meat" according to biblical terms? I'm lactose intolerant and used to eat a bunch of soy dairy substitutes (2+ soy lattes a day, soy ice cream, etc.). We were having trouble conceiving and I ran across an article linking soy to menstrual cycle disturbances, so as an experiment I went off all the soy. That very month my cycles decreased by 10 days (to a normal length) and we conceived not long after that. Anecdotal, sure, but I can't help but think of it as personal proof that soy products affect our hormones. Oh, and isn't sugar supposed to be limited on a SDA diet?

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I think my uncle has Asperger's. He has eaten only dry, plain Wendy's cheeseburgers, potato chips and grape soda for something like 40 years or so. This is not an exaggeration. He doesn't look very good but he's about 75 years old now and still going the same as always.

I think I get what veggie meat is now. You mean texturized vegetable protein. I've eaten that. It really doesn't taste bad, it kind of doesn't taste like anything. It's all soy and totally artificial so not very good for you.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Many people with Asperger's have texture issues and food aversions.

Moll is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I think I get what veggie meat is now. You mean texturized vegetable protein. I've eaten that. It really doesn't taste bad, it kind of doesn't taste like anything. It's all soy and totally artificial so not very good for you.
    Yeah, there are different kinds. Straight TVP you have to cook and season, otherwise it doesn't taste like anything. But THESE guys come ready to eat.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    In my experience those people can't be changed. I cook for my dad, and he tells me I put to much butter on the potatoes while later at night he goes to the kitchen to eat PB out the jar and a bag of chips. He also has random anger attacks and he is always grunpy, wonder if it is his diet
    Billie trips balls

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast