Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My sister-in-law's diet... page 3

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Kill her and eat her. Just kidding - she's grain fed.

Veggie meat really does sound bad. And I'm a lover of SPAM, though of course I don't eat it anymore. I'm picturing a brown grainy mass in a can, kind of like soggy quinoa with darker coloring. Or the way dry cat food looks when the cats drop some in their water bowls. Bleeh.

Moll is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Kill her and eat her. Just kidding - she's grain fed.

Veggie meat really does sound bad. And I'm a lover of SPAM, though of course I don't eat it anymore. I'm picturing a brown grainy mass in a can, kind of like soggy quinoa with darker coloring. Or the way dry cat food looks when the cats drop some in their water bowls. Bleeh.
    I just laughed SO HARD. hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

And yeah, your mental picture of veggie meat sounds about right.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Just kidding - she's grain fed.
    Now that was funny, in a satanic sort of way ha

veggie meat, probably some sort of tvp. soy of some sort?
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moll View Post
    Around here (total Adventist town) most of them eat like crap.
    I think it's just a case of her having knowledge but not being willing to implement it.
    And yeah - it's the LITTLE things that start to irritate...and I've always considered myself to be really easygoing and not easily aggravated!
    CRazy. My only experience with adventists is that they run a health retreat in town, complete with a bakery, restaurant (in a nearby town) and organic farm (their turnips are so sweet and delicious). They preach whole food vegan, which isn't primal but it's far better than what your sis-in-law eats.

yes...little things. my dad was gracious enough to let us live with him for over a year when we fell on hard times. It sucked. so.much. i never want to do that again
    Last edited by Saoirse; 09-21-2012 at 05:22 PM.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscellangela View Post
    I think you should just eat your primal food with an air of superiority while she watches you shrink. Maybe comment that her fake meat doesn't look very appetizing.

Then again, I'm a total bitch. YMMV.
    This one gets my vote (for the same reason)/

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Genesis 3 NIV - The Fall - Now the serpent was more - Bible Gateway
    According to this, after Adam and Eve were kicked out of the garden, humans were cursed with eating the plants from the fields. However, the skins of animals were a gift, and this was after being kicked out of the garden that was full of fruit.

That never really made sense to me until reading PB.

Other places in the bible make reference to bread and grain being something that was eaten when nothing else was available, but I don't have those quotes readily available.

Not that using the Bible against people who believe in it is a useful tactic when you have to live with them.

Moll is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post

Not that using the Bible against people who believe in it is a useful tactic when you have to live with them.
    ^this. (but it's so damn tempting.)

Moll is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    CRazy. My only experience with adventists is that they run a health retreat in town, complete with a bakery, restaurant (in a nearby town) and organic farm (their turnips are so sweet and delicious). They preach whole food vegan, which isn't primal but it's far better than what your sis-in-law eats.
    Yeah, absolutely. I'm QUITE experienced with Adventists having been one myself for years. Their health message as it is is wonderful...like you said - WHOLE FOODS. But around here (and in the other two Adventist towns I've lived in) there's such a huge emphasis on veggie meat that it just makes me sick. It's sodium mush in a can. And don't get me started on Kellogg's (who also started out Adventist...).

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    I am just stuck on the 'veggie meat'.
    Me, too. What the HELL is 'veggie meat'??? Even a google search brings up dog food. I think you should just serve her actual dog food. Don't let her see the can, of course. Just serve it and laugh. And tell us if you did it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Moll is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Me, too. What the HELL is 'veggie meat'??? Even a google search brings up dog food. I think you should just serve her actual dog food. Don't let her see the can, of course. Just serve it and laugh. And tell us if you did it.
    omg that would be awful/awesome. seriously, i think seasoned well enough, it'd pass for some fri chik.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast