Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: People think I must have been Ill so I must be a success! page

  1. #1
    spacey47's Avatar
    spacey47 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    london
    Posts
    116

    People think I must have been Ill so I must be a success!

    Primal Fuel
    Since april I have really got into my health and fitness, mostly primal eating, no grains, cereals, legumes but I do eat a fair amount of ' good' carbs:Sweet potatos, lots of veggies and of course meat, fowl,fish and eggs

    I train v hard 2 days on 1 day off. This consists of a 45min weight circuit one day and a 45 minute cycle ride the next

    I have transformed my shape going from about 205lbs to 168 lbs, waist has gone from 37 to 30 inches
    I have had to buy a new wardrobe nothing fits anymore even my 'slim' clothes are too big!

    I haven't been this weight for about 28 years!

    one of the biggest changes is my face, I used to have a fairly round face and now it has that lean look you see on athletes and models

    The reaction of people who haven't seen me in a while is extreme :-)

    First they say wow what a change, and generally comment on how well I look and how my face has changed

    Then they catch themselves and say you haven't been Ill have you...its quite funny as I am the fittest I have been for years




    Then they ask...............how did you do it!
    Last edited by spacey47; 09-21-2012 at 06:07 AM.

  2. #2
    SophieScreams's Avatar
    SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, OK USA
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by spacey47 View Post
    one of the biggest changes is my face, I used to have a fairly round face and now it has that lean look you see on athletes and models

    The reaction of people who haven't seen me in a while is extreme :-)

    First they say wow what a change, and generally comment on how well I look and how my face has changed

    Then they catch themselves and say you haven't been Ill have you...its quite funny as I am the fittest I have been for years




    Then they ask...............how did you do it!
    The old back-handed compliment.

    Congrats on your Primal success! That's extraordinary, you should send Mark your success story.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

  3. #3
    canuck416's Avatar
    canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sebastopol, CA
    Posts
    1,264
    Congratulations on your Primal success! I have experienced the exact same thing, going from 213 lbs. in March down to my current weight of 165 lbs. A weight I haven't been at since high school! I went to put on a suit the other day and it practically fell off me, so I definitely need a new wardrobe. My results have motivated some of my friends to try Paleo, some have stuck with it while others gave up after a few weeks, hopefully our experience will continue to encourage others to embrace a healthy lifestyle.

  4. #4
    spacey47's Avatar
    spacey47 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    london
    Posts
    116
    Thanks for the positive feed back

    The best thing about being fit and healthy is that unlike many of life's other pleasures such as a a good meal, great song, sex, funny joke
    You experience it 24/7.

  5. #5
    Grokdaddy's Avatar
    Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by spacey47 View Post
    Since april I have really got into my health and fitness, mostly primal eating, no grains, cereals, legumes but I do eat a fair amount of ' good' carbs:Sweet potatos, lots of veggies and of course meat, fowl,fish and eggs

    I train v hard 2 days on 1 day off. This consists of a 45min weight circuit one day and a 45 minute cycle ride the next

    I have transformed my shape going from about 205lbs to 168 lbs, waist has gone from 37 to 30 inches
    I have had to buy a new wardrobe nothing fits anymore even my 'slim' clothes are too big!

    I haven't been this weight for about 28 years!

    one of the biggest changes is my face, I used to have a fairly round face and now it has that lean look you see on athletes and models

    The reaction of people who haven't seen me in a while is extreme :-)

    First they say wow what a change, and generally comment on how well I look and how my face has changed

    Then they catch themselves and say you haven't been Ill have you...its quite funny as I am the fittest I have been for years




    Then they ask...............how did you do it!
    Great job! Yeah you should have said yes I was sick. I was sick for X amount of years eating CW! But now I am the model of good health!

    BTW you got any before and after pics for us to see?
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

    I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

    I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

  6. #6
    spacey47's Avatar
    spacey47 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    london
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokdaddy View Post
    BTW you got any before and after pics for us to see?
    I'm not to keen on putting myself out there on the internet, I was thinking of doing a couple of pics with sun glasses on but thought it might be a bit tacky .


    My only before pics are family ones

  7. #7
    brighthorse's Avatar
    brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    158
    Gratz!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •