Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What is YOUR version of "Primal" eating? page 4

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    I saw this as more of a "What's your 80%" thread. I don't keep track of amounts except that I was eating VLC for a while, which just meant not eating starches. I eat when I'm hungry, I don't when I'm not, but I tend to function best with at least 2 meals a day.

-Meat, fish, eggs
    -Frozen veggies because they're cheaper
    -Starting to eat more fruit (not being particular about what's not "paleo")
    -Starting to eat more starches again (potatoes of any kind, not being picky about skins)
    -Fats are usually butter (but switching to ghee to go dairy free due to stomach issues), bacon grease, and olive oil; will also be getting coconut oil soon but being careful with it since it has a strong laxative effect on me

I was eating ice cream, but since I can't do dairy now, I stick to chocolate and hot chocolate made with coconut milk. I buy gluten-free treats maybe once every few months (like cookies), but found a chocolate chip cookie recipe that only has a few ingredients, so I'll probably just make it myself from now on. I also plan on experimenting with pumpkin custards.

I eat organic fruit and starches whenever possible, because that is more affordable than organic meats.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Type B:
    Ifyou’re a Type B, you have a strong penchant for sweets – candy,ice cream, cookies, cake, you name it. Your body is actually cryingout for healthy carbs, but you’re craving sugar instead.

70% carbs
    20% protein
    10% fats
    See, exactly. I thought I was the type, clear as day. In 99% of cases I would pick a fruit over ANYTHING in the world. Given the choice, I would merrily live off non-fat fish and shrimp, buckets of fruit and vegetables, skim dairy and buckwheat/millet type grains. I would also eat jams & honey. That 'natural' choice will easily lend me overweight (because I can't control my appetite and sugar addiction) and diabetic in less than a year.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234