Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Primal 30 for October. Who's in?! page 8

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    it's been almost a couple of weeks with no updates...how is everyone doing with this? still at it?

i was a little loose with some of the whole30 food rules last weekend, but it was all still pretty good.

the exercise challenge side of things has been great. i'm averaging at least an hour a day of moving slowly. i also had to restart pbf with added weight on push ups and pull ups, about to break through a level for hspu, have been rocking dragon flags lately, and i feel like i'm close to being able to handle a pistol without falling down. sprinting has been good too. the weather has been fickle, so sometimes i get in a good high intensity metcon workout indoors, and end up being able to sprint outside a couple of days later.

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    I'm still in and doing well. I've become addicted to PBF and have to work at not doing too much heavy lifting. I sure do miss butter though.

heatherdarbs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    it's been almost a couple of weeks with no updates...how is everyone doing with this? still at it?

i was a little loose with some of the whole30 food rules last weekend, but it was all still pretty good.

the exercise challenge side of things has been great. i'm averaging at least an hour a day of moving slowly. i also had to restart pbf with added weight on push ups and pull ups, about to break through a level for hspu, have been rocking dragon flags lately, and i feel like i'm close to being able to handle a pistol without falling down. sprinting has been good too. the weather has been fickle, so sometimes i get in a good high intensity metcon workout indoors, and end up being able to sprint outside a couple of days later.
    I'm still in there - no problems, except I want a cocktail! Oh...and I haven't really given up calorie counting - that will come in baby steps (I hope). The food is what I typically eat, anyway, so I'll probably just continue with it - except for my cocktail

heatherdarbs Guest

Primalrob - am I missing the exercise challenge part of whole30 or are you speaking in Primal terms?

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherdarbs View Post
    Primalrob - am I missing the exercise challenge part of whole30 or are you speaking in Primal terms?
    knifegill started this thread, and exercise was just sort of part of it for a lot of people...more than the food for some. personally, i wanted to put more emphasis on focusing more on the moving slowly than on being super careful with my diet. i've been eating primal for a couple of years and the whole30 is nothing more than a way to test insensitivities to foods at this point. but, for me, this was a way to get back into a better exercise routine than i was doing since starting a new job a couple months ago

so, i guess you could call it more of a primal30.

heatherdarbs Guest
    knifegill started this thread, and exercise was just sort of part of it for a lot of people...more than the food for some. personally, i wanted to put more emphasis on focusing more on the moving slowly than on being super careful with my diet. i've been eating primal for a couple of years and the whole30 is nothing more than a way to test insensitivities to foods at this point. but, for me, this was a way to get back into a better exercise routine than i was doing since starting a new job a couple months ago

so, i guess you could call it more of a primal30.
    Ah; yes, true about testing sensitivities. Dairy was primary, for me, at least.

Ok, good to know I'm not missing something huge in the workout arena...my personal challenge: stop trying to be so exact!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678