Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Primal 30 for October. Who's in?! page 7

JayGee is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today was a fail. I had a doctor's appointment and they ended up doing an injection of steroid and lidocaine into my peroneal nerve. Now Ican't move (or feel) my left leg! Hope the lidocaine wears off by tomorrow. Eating is on track though .

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    The Burpees ladder was 10 Burpees, 9, Burpees, 8 burps. 7,....... Etc til 0 under 10 minutes. Definitely do-able at a good pace. Love hate relationship w Burpees. Haha and yes, I did sprints beforehand. Silly move, but I survived

Today I did AMRAP IN 20 min of 5 Pullups (I did assisted), 10 pushups, 15 squats. I lost count after 11 rounds. I'm horrible at keeping score mi need chalk.

Food wise, Today went well.... I don't have issues w not eating paleo when I know I'm doing a whole30, so my challenge doesn't lie there. I've figured out I have some FODMAPS issues and it's truly a pain in the a** to deal with. I've figured out what bugs me now, but somethings still surprise me and leave me doubled over in pain. Foods that have ever irritated my gut have got me hurting badly. Bummer

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Okay. I've got to do this. I will sprint tomorrow.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Well, my left shin is brused from top to bottom after slipping on the plastic airplane while doing rocking push-ups, so I traded my sprints for high-speed log squats with tosses at the top, two armed, then one armed, then two armed until I was out of breath, repeat.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 10-05-2012 at 11:31 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Feeling queasy, but the whole workplace is. I think I'm fighting a bug. Going to do easy workouts (push-ups, chin-ups, old familiar stuff) the next two days or until have felt better for like 8 hours.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I've had a great first 6 days. Just completed a 36 hour fast ---- almost completed as I'm considering what to break my fast with. The goal for Oct 31st for me is 143 lbs with a redirect to daily body weight workouts. I've been walking daily between 5-10km and that is great for clearing the mind of cobwebs. I'm starting a 21-day lifting programme and hope to have some real results by month's end.

Hope everyone has a great day and a great month.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

I know why I don't go for long walks anymore. It's because I'm afraid something will happen while I'm gone. And that's some bad stress, maybe control issues, going on right there. Got to let the curtains close on that stuff quick.

Actually, I had an intense moment of clarity on the drive to work yesterday. It hit me like a hammer, the things I know but forget. How tiny I am in the universe and how unimportant I really am to anybody but the few people I know, and the freedom of not mattering. I laughed and my whole body relaxed, felt light. I kept pushing it, and had to stop the disengagement before I let go of the DRIVING I was doing. You know how it gets when you really let go, how it doesn't even matter what your eyes land on or where your body is in space, like every molecule in your body is just energy and you've superceded physics? I'm afraid someday I'll get there and never come back. There's still fall out right now. The inner calm is there, I just have to remember to tap into it.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    A lot of you have been on this forum for years. If you still haven't got your shit dialed in and this is still a "thing" you feel you need to do, maybe Primal isn't for you after all.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    A lot of you have been on this forum for years. If you still haven't got your shit dialed in and this is still a "thing" you feel you need to do, maybe Primal isn't for you after all.
    i don't know about some others, but for me challenges like this aren't for figuring stuff out, they're for refining and community. it's challenge by choice, so you can make it whatever you want. i know how to eat and live primally, so this, for me, is really just a structured time period to stay focused and try to learn something. yeah yeah yeah, i can experiment on my own whenever i want, and i do, but it's good to share in a challenge. it's like a journal for a group of people. it's not something i feel i need to do, it's something i enjoy doing.

It's mostly for kicks, to get solid workouts in without excessive "recovery time", and a cementing of my pizza aversion. I'm glad you've given up on refining your life and have put your mind out to pasture. Enjoy that. I stay because I care about the newbies, and so I don't forget what I've learned. So if I get bored and do a whole 30 once a year, I can. Go get it on with a confused flour beetle and leave us alone, bread head.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast