Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Primal 30 for October. Who's in?! page 6

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Going strong! Started on the 2nd, though. Still moving and cleaning - ate some free cookies and not sorry about it. But it's on now! Folks were kind enough to help me get PB fitness back and I printed it, kept the pages I needed, and made a plan. Today was the first workout day, and I...went freestyle as usual. Even though it's just for a month, I'm torn between really sticking to the reps and calculating progress and keeping it random and fun - which is also part of Primal! But I really ought to buckle down, it's only a month.

So, day 1-
    One armed chinups 1x2, each arm. My form is improving and my elbows are closing further now.
    A bunch of pole climbing, orangutan swings, one-armed dangling, plyometric pull-ups and flips, dips, etc. I mean, I PLAYED.
    Whatever you call push-ups on a plastic airplane that rocks forward and backward and almost breaks your shin when your foot slips off the stabilizer wings.

Ate a fistful of chicken livers, four eggs, DIY crio bru, coffee, coconut milk for dinner and a banana this morning, back to one meal a day starting tomorrow.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Two awesome days of eating, sprints monday and LHT tuesday. Already down 7 lbs (mostly water of course) but feeling like a million bucks!
    -Chuck

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Even though it's just for a month, I'm torn between really sticking to the reps and calculating progress and keeping it random and fun - which is also part of Primal!
    me too. i'm more inclined to focus on just getting better at the movements than i am trying to hit the rep numbers. i suppose i could just work through most of the levels over the course of a few workouts and then just increase the challenge my own way. then i'll be on to convict conditioning by the end of the month.

i made yesterday a pretty fun sprint day. i warmed up with 100 jumping jacks and did 10x10 burpees...not the fun part. after a little while i still had a little left in my tank so i grabbed my dog and hit the streets. i live in a city (well, it's new hampshire...so even though it's our biggest "city," it's still just trying to be like a boston suburb), and so we just started walking and broke into a sidewalk sprint whenever we saw a safe stretch between 50 and 150 yards. my dog loves sprinting...it's even gotten to the point that when i say "ready" he starts to flip out a little bit. and sprinting with a dog on-leash kept me much more aware of what i was doing so i didn't end up pulling hamstrings. we got in a great walk, 7-8 sprints, and a little jogging.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Going strong! Started on the 2nd, though.
    Whew! Glad someone else started on the 2nd!
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    I'm doing great.. Went to the doctor this morning, regular checkup and she was asking me more questions than I asked her. All of my stats were very good compared to last visit in March when she told me it would be in my best interest to drop 25-30 lbs. (oct my yrly ckup time but went in mar to ask her why i was gaining and which diet was best.. she said weight watchers!!)I "dropped" 35 lbs between apr & sept.. Down 3 more from fasting but will add more fat calories over each w/e so I won't lose much more.. I really liked fasting and feel like 48 hrs is very doable. I will eat Sunday around 5pm and not again until Tuesday evening. On those days I walk slower on treadmill and not much more exercise. Other days shovelglove, playing w/ dogs and treadmill 4.0mph.

i'm sore. i haven't been sore in a couple months. sprints are the shit.

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    i'm sore. i haven't been sore in a couple months. sprints are the shit.
    this is the truth
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Agree. Sprinted yesterday then felt the need to do a Burpee ladder under 10 minutes. Dry heaving is good for the abs too. Ha

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    Dry heaving is good for the abs too. Ha
    I LOL'd big time at this

I'm totally killing it this month so far, diet is spot on and did a "walk far at a slow pace" yesterday. Had some great food today already and ready for some LHT this evening!
    -Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    Agree. Sprinted yesterday then felt the need to do a Burpee ladder under 10 minutes. Dry heaving is good for the abs too. Ha
    i love it.

burpee ladders are murder. was that to ten in 10 minutes? post sprinting? that would certainly explain the dry heaving, and my current state of awe.

i banged out pbf lifting today, and moved up a few levels. you know what sucks? planks. you know what doesn't suck? dragon flags, grok crawls, crab crawls and hanging (bent) leg raises. come punch me in the stomach...i dare you.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast