Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30 for October. Who's in?! page 5

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    I am joining this on the 8th October for the 21 day version (Whole Lite)

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Well, al ready, except this week is gonna be a mess. I am going for wisdom teeth removal on Wednesday. I don't know the details yet like if I have to fast on Wed till the surgery since they will be sedating me. I assume that after surgery I am going to be living on coconut milk-egg and nuts smoothies for a couple-three days. Well, maybe throw in some spinach for color. Obviously, it has the potential to mess my lifting and cardio schedule.

I am taking a recovery day today to plant bulbs, will try to fit in a SS session on Wed morning before surgery, but the lifting/HIIT on Thursday may be compromised. Sucks.

I will also be making a zebra fudge for my daughter to take to school on Thursday for b-day, and then there is baking and decorating the b-day party cake and cupcakes. I will be up to my ears in sweetened condensed milk, cream, dough, white and dark chocolate from Wed till Saturday. YUP. At least there is just small baking on the Saturday after to bring a dessert to a party, and then i am in the clear till X-mas when mom comes to visit.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    Still on board, although I'll be having surgery soon, so maybe i'll lack in the fitness. But this will definately help me be strict on primal eating and not stray when I'll be feeling like crap

oxide is online now Senior Member
    I had a couple wisdom teeth out:

Avoid mixing codeine and antibiotics. Common side effect: they might make you throw up; the last thing you want to do with a mouth full of holes. (I didn't but I was close.)
    No straws or suction. You mouth will form a clot over the hole so it can start healing underneath. You don't want to disturb that.
    Break the normal dentist rules for 7-10 days: no brushing no flossing no gargling no rinsing with water. Be scummy.
    I spent 10 days just pouring stuff down my throat (no straws!).
    Sounds like a good time to get acquainted with bulletproof coffee and bone broth.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i'm so glad this started yesterday. i had sort of a food binge weekend. most of the food was primal friendly, but the stuff that wasn't just knocked me out, and i need to hit the reset button. this was probably only the second or third time since going primal that eating non-primal foods has made me feel ill. i'm not sure if there is definitely a pattern there, but it seems like anything densely packed with flour, fat and sugar (my friend re-made my wedding cake for my anniversary this weekend) takes it's toll. i still feel kind of rotten a couple days later, but this is good, i'm learning. that'll be handy around christmas when i usually throw out all primal thought and dig in to plates of cookies.
    it was so good to get back to a strict primal diet. it's also good to have a fridge full of leftovers that are all primal friendly. a couple of them have some dairy, so i might allow that for a day or two until those foods are gone.

i haven't done pbf in a while. i started last night, and the lifting part was pretty easy. looks like i'll be starting on at least level 5 for all the exercises, and going straight through the program for a couple. i'm doing the old version, with the overhead press work. i might also switch out something else for planks (walking planks, bear crawls, leg raises, dragon flags, etc). it looks like i'll be lifting heavy things on mondays and thursdays. not sure when i'm going to sprint, but i suppose tuesdays are as good as any day. that means i need to find some time today. i really should have thought about that as i was getting ready for work today. maybe i'll sneak in 5-6 dashes while out walking with the dog later.

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    I'm also in... Day 2 here. This will be my 3rd whole30 since June. I like when I'm more strict and the fitness component is always a constant for me. I'm mostly doing Crossfit based workouts, soccer, and sprints 5-6 days a week. I feel best when I have a good workout under my belt for the day.

Food wise, I'm cutting all dairy, all sugar... Oh and FODMAPS. I've discovered my stomach issues are directly related to some fodmaps foods. Specifically onions, garlic, avacado, watermelon, pineapple and a few others. Took me about 3 months to get this issue figured out but glad I did!

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    I had a bad weekend (well, week) as well--started with my birthday, and then a "eff it" attitude for much of the week following it because I felt like crap and didn't feel up to the effort of cooking Primal--don't you love that vicious cycle? I'm determined to make this a rockin' Groktober though! This morning I ran out of eggs--particularly disappointing because I was craving an omelette--and when I heated up a wildberry buckwheat waffle and chicken maple sausage for my 4yo's breakfast, I couldn't resist the smell and had the same thing myself. ::sigh:: Buckwheat isn't that bad--it's gluten-free, not even really a grain, and it only had 2.5g sugar from the berries, but starting my day out with carbs is never a good idea. The weather is pretty cruddy right now, but DH and I have decided to make a workout area in our basement (and can sub the exercise bike for sprinting if need be) and will get some grok in tonight just moving heavy things around to set it up.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    I'm totally in for "rededicating" to primal! I've had a horrible month and a half or so and am feeling like crap because of it. Started yesterday right back on track with a great day food wise and some hard sprints! I feel better this morning already!
    -Chuck

JayGee is offline Member
    I am in. I just did a Whole30 in September with wonderful results, but need to get the "primal movement" part started. I bike my kids to school every day that it's not raining, but would like to increase the mileage by riding a few extra miles after I drop them off. And I can add sprinting to those rides 1x a week. I am in physical therapy for SI joint dysfunction, so I can't run, but mountain biking feels fine. I also need to work on strength through planks, pushups, etc. So here's to continuing to eat Whole30 and 30 days of exercise.

Today is Day 2 and I have riden to and from school so far. Going to PT this morning and will do my planks and pushups RIGHT.NOW!

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm in baby. I am on my third day of no dairy, and despite sleeping for only three hours last night, I feel much more lucid and mentally clear. My stomach has noticeably less discomfort and bloating as well. I'll share my results at the end of the month!
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast